PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad I did it oO

Jesse K.
09-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Well I usually don't do this but I bought a Fischer M-Speed Pro #1 98 untested. Why? Well I can't get a hold of a gosh darn demo anywhere and I've been so impressed by all the feedback on it I had to try it.

I currently play with a Flex Radical Tour MP and it's ok leaded up, but is missing something, hence my search.
I let everyone know my impressions of it after testing a couple of matches.
I'll probably string her up with NXT at 58lbs-62lbs and hit away.

Has anyone here customized theirs yet? And if so what were your results. Thanks

Keifers
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
That's great. I have the 105, which I really like, but people I know have reported they love hitting with the 98.

You know your preferred tension range, of course, but some here have said the M Speeds do better at lower tensions. Maybe check that out (if you haven't already)?

Fwiw, I just strung my 105 with Gamma Prodigy 16 @ 58, and I wouldn't want to go any higher.

Enjoy your new stick.

mshinde
09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Great. I did the same, bought MSpeed 98 without a demo just going by the TW Playtest report. I moved from Dunlop 300G and it took a little time to adjust to MSpeed especially grip and its sweet spot is little bit higher towards hoop than 300G. Now I addicted to this frame. I tried many strings including hybrids but it plays best with X-One Biphase at 55 with a rubberband dampner.

Keifers
09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah, there's a special feel to these racquets that's hard to describe but is very distinctive -- haven't found on any other company's frames.

Very comfortable and stable, but gives plenty of information/feedback on impact. A very sweet feel. Also, these M Speeds cut through the air noticeably well -- my 105 swings more like a 100, or smaller.

jcstennis
09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
i demo'd this stick for awhile (the mid plus 98 )... i would go with a multi string... i like tecnifibre's NRG2 17g... (NXT would work also) this racquet in my opinion has some "ping" so a dampener is a must for me! I loved my topspin forehand (feels like the Yonex RDX 500 MP, but with more "pop" or depth). Compared to the Yonex, the M Speed felt a little more "flexy" in the throat. The grip is lacking for me near the butt... however if you have a good racquet tech/stringer they could help out in this area. Good luck, this is a nice stick! I think your tension would be best a touch under mid-tension for the racquet... 58lbs sounds good... will help with power on the serve> >>Enjoy!
________
jcstennis
head flexpoint radical 98"

Jesse K.
09-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Maybe I will start with tension around 58 with this stick and work my way from there. Since I've never touched one of these what do people mean when they say the grip is different? Is it more square vs octagon?

justin_miami
09-28-2006, 09:57 AM
It is more square. People seem to be pretty polarized on their opinions re: the Fischer grip. I love it - others hate it. I think 58lbs is a good place to start - wouldn't want to string it any tighter than that.

Keifers
09-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Yes, it's quite square. See how you like it, and if you want to make it different, post again and you'll get lots of help.

Enjoy. They're quite special racquets. Good luck.

KFwinds
09-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Well I usually don't do this but I bought a Fischer M-Speed Pro #1 98 untested. Why? Well I can't get a hold of a gosh darn demo anywhere and I've been so impressed by all the feedback on it I had to try it.

I currently play with a Flex Radical Tour MP and it's ok leaded up, but is missing something, hence my search.
I let everyone know my impressions of it after testing a couple of matches.
I'll probably string her up with NXT at 58lbs-62lbs and hit away.

Has anyone here customized theirs yet? And if so what were your results. Thanks

I did the same thing - I bought this racquet without demo. I then sold it after hitting with it twice! The grip shape was odd, but it wasn't anything I wouldn't have gotten used to. It was a nice stick, but at the same time I demoed about three other racquets that I thought were all better. It just didn't do anything special for me. BTW, if you had to lead up your FXP Radical Tour (I'm assuming it's the 12oz, 100si model), you're going to need a LOT of lead on the M-Speed; it plays much lighter IMO.