PDA

View Full Version : Asking for advice on a few rackets

snoflewis
09-27-2006, 10:25 PM
as a lot of you guys probably already know, i've been using my yonex rds001s and mp tours...however, reality is slowly starting to get to me and im in the position where i think a midsize might be hindering my game. as a result, im forced to start looking for some lighter, larger rackets. im not very familiar with the lighter player's frames as i haven't had too much interest, so i've been looking at the following:

-DNX9
-Dunlop mfil200 plus 2006

im not digging the head rackets too much...so radicals and instincts are out of the question

sad, i know, but that's all i could think of. i'd like something that's standard length, from 95-100 sq in., around the 11.5 range (i know nblade is kind of a stretch), string pattern at this point doesnt matter too much ( if it's 18x20, then i'd prefer that it's flexible), but stiffness must be 65 or less, and swingweight preferrably around 315-320.

im not really looking for "what racket to buy"...im just asking what racket i should consider.. just to make it clear :)

thanks to all

BreakPoint
09-27-2006, 11:29 PM
snoflewis,
I would suggest giving the PS 6.0 95 a try. Ignore the listed stiffness and weight. It plays more like a RA of 61 and swings as easy as most 11.5oz. racquets. It's swingweight of 317 falls within your range, too. :D

snoflewis
09-27-2006, 11:42 PM
snoflewis,
I would suggest giving the PS 6.0 95 a try. Ignore the listed stiffness and weight. It plays more like a RA of 61 and swings as easy as most 11.5oz. racquets. It's swingweight of 317 falls within your range, too. :D

i've thought about it, but the thing is, they're not gonna be available until 2007, not to mention it wouldnt be easy to get a demo at my local shop...since that's where im planning to demo

snoflewis
09-28-2006, 12:53 PM
any others?

superjumbo
09-28-2006, 01:23 PM
It seems like we're looking for the same type of racquet.

I've tried the following sticks:

Volkl DNX9
RDS 001 MP
Gamma IPEX 7.0 MP
Dunlop Mfil 200 2006
Dunlop Mfil 300
Tecnifibre Tfight 320 16 x 20

I can't give you a detailed rundown on all these frames because I don't remember all my impressions and I don't have the time right now.

I didn't like the Ipex 7.0 or the Yonex too much, although, to be honest, I probably didn't give the Yonex a fair chance.

The DNX 9 and the Mfil 300 are both pretty good but both feel a bit harsh outside the sweet spot and I don't hit the sweet spot nearly enough.

Of all these sticks my favorite 2 are the Dunlop 200 2006 and the TF 320. Both have large sweet spots. The 320 feels a bit more dampened, stiffer, and has better control. The 2006 provides a little more flex, spin and has more feedback. The 320 is more stable on miss hits. The power on both is low to medium while the 2006 might have a little more pop. The 2006 responds well to lead while I haven't tried leading the 320. Both racquets are easy to swing fast and have a lot in common. Some may disagree but the 320 reminds me a little bit of the i.prestige: its accurate, comfortable, stiff (but not too stiff), and muted.

I really like these 2 frames and I'm having a hard time deciding between them. Right now I'm probably leaning toward the 320 but then again the 2006 is $70 cheaper.

snoflewis
09-28-2006, 01:29 PM
It seems like we're looking for the same type of racquet.

I've tried the following sticks:

Volkl DNX9
RDS 001 MP
Gamma IPEX 7.0 MP
Dunlop Mfil 200 2006
Dunlop Mfil 300
Tecnifibre Tfight 320 16 x 20

I can't give you a detailed rundown on all these frames because I don't remember all my impressions and I don't have the time right now.

I didn't like the Ipex 7.0 or the Yonex too much, although, to be honest, I probably didn't give the Yonex a fair chance.

The DNX 9 and the Mfil 300 are both pretty good but both feel a bit harsh outside the sweet spot and I don't hit the sweet spot nearly enough.

Of all these sticks my favorite 2 are the Dunlop 200 2006 and the TF 320. Both have large sweet spots. The 320 feels a bit more dampened, stiffer, and has better control. The 2006 provides a little more flex, spin and has more feedback. The 320 is more stable on miss hits. The power on both is low to medium while the 2006 might have a little more pop. The 2006 responds well to lead while I haven't tried leading the 320. Both racquets are easy to swing fast and have a lot in common. Some may disagree but the 320 reminds me a little bit of the i.prestige: its accurate, comfortable, stiff (but not too stiff), and muted.

I really like these 2 frames and I'm having a hard time deciding between them. Right now I'm probably leaning toward the 320 but then again the 2006 is $70 cheaper.

thanks a lot. im actually not looking for any new yonex midplus frames because the midpluses in general just did not feel solid or as sweet as the midsize counterparts, which i am very used to. im not a big fan of TF either because if the TF320 is anything liek the TF325...it was way too stiff for me and it just felt too plain imo.

vkartikv
09-28-2006, 01:32 PM
don't forget the PK 5G. It falls smack in the middle of what you are looking for, atleast specs-wise.

thejerk
09-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I hit with a few frames today. One of them that was nice was a volkl 8 vengine. It is lighter that 11.5 but is even balance. The even balance gives you the option of adding lead to the handle. I added 24' of gamma lead tape. It hits real nice and I believe you can get new ones for as low as $99. It is only 1/4 inch longer than standard and this also gives you a little extra power without being uncontrollable. This racket was very controlable. I read somewhere that it wasn't exactly good for hitting flat but hitting flat with it was really good to me. I liked that better than the spin I could get and I could get lots of spin.