PDA

View Full Version : POG: Which one?

Duzza
09-28-2006, 02:13 AM
Well since I've only got the Mid i was thinking i might mix it up with an OS and a Longbody. The longbody looks great, good weight and apparently good for consistent baseline and 2hbh. So i ask you, which one is your favourite and for what?

TripleB
09-28-2006, 03:44 AM
iI voted for POG Mid...see here: http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/playtests/TRIPB02.html

I own both the Mid and OS and playtested the Longbody.

TripleB

Duzza
09-28-2006, 04:51 AM
iI voted for POG Mid...see here: http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/playtests/TRIPB02.html

I own both the Mid and OS and playtested the Longbody.

TripleB
Could you give me some feedback on the LB? In comparison to the mid. I was never a fan of OS so i think i might skip it...

Duzza
09-28-2006, 04:51 AM
I'm reading your playtest now. More power eh? Sounds like what I need. Also how did you find the weight? Was it just right or did it not feel like a 330 gram racquet with the low swingweight?

TripleB
09-28-2006, 05:13 AM
I'm reading your playtest now. More power eh? Sounds like what I need. Also how did you find the weight? Was it just right or did it not feel like a 330 gram racquet with the low swingweight?

I really liked the heft of the frame and didn't find it lacking that much in the maneuverability department except at net where it was a little slow. It seemed a little more comfortable than the POG mid...probably due to the larger hitting area. I think if it they would have made a 27" 100 sq in POG it would have been a HUGE seller. For me, the extra length was just too much to get used to.

TripleB

AndrewD
09-28-2006, 05:17 AM
Duzza,

If you've been using the POG mid, why do you want the OS or LB? If it's just for collecting, knock yourself out, but if it's for playing then neither of those two are going to be remotely close to the mid.

If you have a look at the LB's specs you'll find a very flexible racquet that is overly head light - not a recipe for power (leverage yes, same as all extended length racquets). If you want a slightly larger head size then give the Diablo MP a try. Personally, I think it's a much better all-around racquet than the POG LB.

Tennis Man
09-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Well since I've only got the Mid i was thinking i might mix it up with an OS and a Longbody. The longbody looks great, good weight and apparently good for consistent baseline and 2hbh. So i ask you, which one is your favourite and for what?

I'm confused, what have you got, MP or Mid (93)? Your signature says POG MP and TW has only Mid (93) and OS (107) in POG and MP (100) in POG LB.

Duzza
09-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Duzza,

If you've been using the POG mid, why do you want the OS or LB? If it's just for collecting, knock yourself out, but if it's for playing then neither of those two are going to be remotely close to the mid.

If you have a look at the LB's specs you'll find a very flexible racquet that is overly head light - not a recipe for power (leverage yes, same as all extended length racquets). If you want a slightly larger head size then give the Diablo MP a try. Personally, I think it's a much better all-around racquet than the POG LB.
Hmm thanks for the input. Well I've got 2 and I was thinking for a bit of fun (I'm not too serious about it these days) I would trade one for either a OS or LB. I have a 2hbh and increased my baseline consistency largely recently I was looking for a good baseline racquet, perhaps with the extra inch for reach.

Duzza
09-28-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm confused, what have you got, MP or Mid (93)? Your signature says POG MP and TW has only Mid (93) and OS (107) in POG and MP (100) in POG LB.
Yeah, the Mid is the MP...on my racquets at the top it says Midplus but that is the 93 headsize. It's probably because back then 93 inches was Midplus compared to a Mid 85 headsize.

nk126
09-30-2006, 10:39 AM
I just got ahold of a POG "Midplus" (93") after having used an OS for the past several months. Love the MP. Taking a little getting used to, but I can hit through the ball with depth and great access to spin, and it's a little more comfortable and quick throught the air than the OS - as you'd expect. Great, great, racquet.

Haven't tried the LB ... Did try an NXG Midplus (100") and it had a similar feel coming off the strings as the POG, but it felt sort of too light and brittle to me and also seemed to make my arm hurt. Could have been the strings on it.

But I feel like the POG Midplus might well be love at first hit ...