PDA

View Full Version : Is headlight balance ideal for baseliners?

Duzza
09-28-2006, 02:39 AM
I was looking at the POG LB and it says Aggressive baseline players need look no further, the Graphite Longbody offers lots of control and feel on slower swings, and excellent access to spin and pace on faster swings. This thing is 13 pts!

sdlatson
09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
I need to know this to so someone please reply.

Noveson
09-29-2006, 05:22 PM
I would think so, as far as spin goes. Most of todays baseliners are using heavy topspin, and headlight is great for spin. Just look at the PD and APD, not as headlight as the POG, but still 5 pts headlight, and very very spin friendly. I think it helps even more so for a wristy kind've player(like me) because you can get even more head speed with less effort. Hope that helped:)

emcee
09-29-2006, 05:51 PM
I think it goes...

Very HL is ideal for volleys
Somewhat HL or close to even is good for baseline bashers.
HH is good for hurting yourself.

vinnier6
09-29-2006, 05:58 PM
most pros are using close to even balance if not head heavy...stock "players racquets" are designed head light so you can custom weight/balance your racquet to your specs....

the answer to your question is no, most baseliners would prefer even/head heavy for power...

movdqa
09-29-2006, 06:34 PM
My recent experiments with lead tape tell me that more weight in the head improves efficiency in hitting power shots, probably
at some expense of spin. I found that I didn't have to put as
much effort into hitting with power as I did when the racquet was more balanced towards the handle. The main area where it
helps me is on high one-handed backhands.

jonolau
10-01-2006, 05:52 AM
I think this is quite an irrelevant question. It all depends on your swing style and speed.

A HL racquet is more suitable at the baseline for someone who has a long and fast swing.

Keifers
10-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I would think so, as far as spin goes. Most of todays baseliners are using heavy topspin, and headlight is great for spin. Just look at the PD and APD, not as headlight as the POG, but still 5 pts headlight, and very very spin friendly. I think it helps even more so for a wristy kind've player(like me) because you can get even more head speed with less effort. Hope that helped:)
Good points.

Keifers
10-01-2006, 07:42 AM
I think it goes...

Very HL is ideal for volleys
Somewhat HL or close to even is good for baseline bashers.
HH is good for hurting yourself.
Well said. Especially applies to longbody sticks.