PDA

View Full Version : Andre Agassi Racquet ...paintjob

akwila
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey, look at this picture. What do you think?

What about all those who bought radical flexpoint thinking Agassi was using it?

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3043/agassiyd8wn8.jpg

VGP
09-28-2006, 10:13 AM
silly noob....

akwila
09-28-2006, 11:05 AM
why? Is already known?

Tennis Man
09-28-2006, 11:07 AM
the "search" button is 3rd ftom the right on the top bar. try to go through at least a few pages of posts on PJ (paint job) ..

Good luck :)

akwila
09-28-2006, 11:16 AM
What is better?

vinnier6
09-28-2006, 11:19 AM
dude, agassi and every other pro have been using paint job racquets forever...

you probably bought a wilson n61 thinking you got the racquet that federer is using...wrong again!! paint job

akwila
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Ok. But this is fraude. They deceive us! Whe can sue all the manifacturers!

shavenyak
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM

Good luck with that one.

thejerk
09-28-2006, 11:36 AM

Are you kidding. There is one coming out that is supposed to be just like andre's real racket. You could go out and buy a pog os that is what he used before he even used donnay rackets. Pros customize their rackets anyway even if they do buy them off the shelf, which they don't. Ever heard of lead tape. Even if pros start with a stock racket, by the time they get done customizing it, it is nothing like the original.

I went out and hit with a prince tri comp 90 today. I don't know if it was indorsed by any players back in the day but it was and is an excellent racket. Bottom line, figure out what you like as far as specs go and buy a racket that either fits that bill or can be customized to fit the bill. I always try to get rackets that are light enough for me to set up my way.

macersl
09-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Help me out here. I am not familiar with Head racquets. Is that a fake flex hole we are looking at?

akwila
09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Yes. It is. What do you think?

McStud
09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
akwila where are you from? i hope not from the US

thejerk
09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
It's only fake if the paint is fake. That is a real flex hole that is painted onto the racket instead of drilled into it. If you look at I'd say atleast 50% of pros rackets you will notice that beams, shafts, and other things are different than the rackets they are painted to look like. That is why they are called paint jobs. You don't expect pros to change rackets every year do ya?

Admerr
09-28-2006, 12:57 PM
This is one of the most useless/hilarious threads that I've read.

akwila
09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Please, respect the new ones!

VGP
09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
The "flexpoint" is, by far, my favorite paintjob technology!

BigServer1
09-28-2006, 02:55 PM
The "flexpoint" is, by far, my favorite paintjob technology!

haha, yeah. i love how they draw the little "shadows" above and below the flex hole. that alone is enough to know its a pj.

inferno303
09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
how can you really expect two holes drilled in a racket to make it bend anyway?
im surprised head even launched such a dud technology

AJK1
09-28-2006, 03:19 PM
My 2 FXP radicals are awesome sticks, and i feel at the flexpoint areas it does flex and provide more control.

Tennis Man
09-28-2006, 03:25 PM

IMHO, the real pros send you a good message as to what they like disregardig what their "sponsors" think is right for them. So, hopefully you'll find the racquet that suits you and stick with it. :)

Jesse K.
09-28-2006, 03:34 PM
There aren't the "ribs" associated with LiquidMetal either. This looks to be older than both technologies.

BaseLineBash
09-28-2006, 03:52 PM
My 2 FXP radicals are awesome sticks, and i feel at the flexpoint areas it does flex and provide more control.
LOL, I suppose you also think Elvis is still alive also.

AJK1
09-28-2006, 05:54 PM
You may laugh Agassi Fanboy, but that's how they feel to me, and i love 'em.;)

buder
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
he plays with a modified version of the earliest radical (drilled with 16 & 18 mains, depending on opponent, surface and weather conditions -- and with a thinner beam> the mold was modified special for him). He had a brief flirtation with the Ti., which was drilled differently for him. -- regarding his current painted twintube, see the skip at the head, 9H>>> it's not the Donnay mold that he purchased for $$$$, which he was using occasionally, painted of course, just after returning from his mid-90's burger exile.

VGP
09-28-2006, 06:42 PM

AJK1 - if the flexpoint technology works as Head (and you) claims, wouldn't shots hit near the top be more likely to spray?

(PS not a slam or a criticsm....I'm just curious as I have no experience)

I suppose those with Head frames pre FP and with FP can also chime in.

thejerk
09-28-2006, 07:18 PM
I actually played with the Donnay model that he supposedly used when it first came out. Can't even remember what it was called. I bought it because Andre had it. Hey, how was I to know, that was a long time ago. P.S. I loved that racket and could serve really well with it.

AJK1
09-28-2006, 09:40 PM
The FXP technology is at it's best when you change the direction of the incoming ball.

BaseLineBash
09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
The FXP technology is at it's best when you change the direction of the incoming ball.
Listen I wasn't trying to belittle you, but the FP technology is crap in a racquet, but I can see it working in skiis. I have no doubt in my mind that if this faux technology DID give an advantage it would be illegal to play with on the tour.

dmvprof
09-29-2006, 04:53 AM
Listen I wasn't trying to belittle you, but the FP technology is crap in a racquet, but I can see it working in skiis. I have no doubt in my mind that if this faux technology DID give an advantage it would be illegal to play with on the tour.

I use the same raquets too. I know that my DTL FH started popping much better with this raquet. So you can speculate all you like, I tried a lot of raquets and settled on this, precisely for this reason. It's not something imagined, it's as real as it can be. I also seem to get a lot more bite on my serves with it.

As for it spraying on shots hit above sweetspot, I don't know. Most of those shots aren't going to work out well with or without flex. But it does seem to make sense that this would happen. I don't really see much of an advantage in setting up a raquet to accomodate mishits though. Maybe beginners need something more forgiving.

akwila
09-30-2006, 10:38 AM
How much is our mind influenced by the tecnology that believe to use? Is it possible that convincions influence the hits?