PDA

View Full Version : Best option from Wilson line

palikero
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm currently using a Prostaff Tour 95 leaded up to approx 12 oz.
I like the power and manueverability, but want more touch and feel. I also want more heft behind each shot, but not something too difficult to wield over a 3 hour practice/match.

Which one of these would you recommend and why?

I'm an 4.0 - 4.5 allcourt player, with a 3.5 serve :-/

Thanks for the good feedback!

Tennis Man
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
... want more touch and feel. I also want more heft behind each shot, but not something too difficult to wield over a 3 hour practice/match.

PS 85 is better for that out of my 3 faves.
nCode 6.1 is a control freak. I love putting my winners in the corners with it.

*you didn't ask for it, but my LM Prestige is the heaviest and the most demanding out of the 3 but when I feel strong that's a bliss :)

Will888
09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
what kind of strings did you try? I've hit natural gut with that racquet and I had all the touch and feel that I wanted.

palikero
09-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I've just used my PS Tour 95 with basic synthetic guts mostly (Gosen OG Micro, WIlson Extreme SynGut, PSGD), and used Topspin Cyberflash twice...

I don't think I'd have the funds to string with natural gut on a consistent basis. :-(

So far, I've been leaning more tward the PS 6.0 85 and 95. I've been wanting to demo them for a long time, but no pro shops around me (Bergen County, NJ) carries them anymore... they just have the NCodes..

Will888
09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
yeah, the natural gut is really expensive. But try the TW demo program and get those two racquets. It's very simple to do. Does anyone who you know have that racquet?

BreakPoint
09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Rafaello,

What do you mean by "older version" of the nSix-One Tour in your sig? There's only been one version so far. If you're referring to the sliver versus black spec label, that doesn't affect the frame's playbility whatsoever.

- Head LM Prestige Mid 93 (Austria)
- Wilson n6.1 Tour 90 (older version)
- Wilson PS 6.0 85 (early CHINA)

milo
09-29-2006, 08:54 AM
Rafaello,

What do you mean by "older version" of the nSix-One Tour in your sig? There's only been one version so far. If you're referring to the sliver versus black spec label, that doesn't affect the frame's playbility whatsoever.

and maybe the wilson box: the old one black and red, the new one silver and black

vkartikv
09-29-2006, 08:56 AM
No matter what wilson comes out with in the future, they can never reproduce the beauty of the 6.0 midsize..

Tennis Man
09-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Rafaello,

My nCode 6.1 Tour 90 is just an earlier release. It has a silver box for specs and red W logo in black box vs newer ones with black specs box and silver logo. So I was told. Here it is:

http://i9.tinypic.com/2mc7kt2.jpg

BreakPoint
09-29-2006, 10:05 AM
My nCode 6.1 Tour 90 is just an earlier release. It has a silver box for specs and red W logo in black box vs newer ones with black specs box and silver logo. So I was told. Here it is:

Yes, mine have those color graphics, too. But I wouldn't call that an "older version" since there's no change to the racquet itself, just a change in the color of a couple of decals. For example, people refer to older versions of the PS 6.0 85 or PC600 because they play noticeably different than newer versions.

Tennis Man
09-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Yes, mine have those color graphics, too. But I wouldn't call that an "older version" since there's no change to the racquet itself, just a change in the color of a couple of decals. For example, people refer to older versions of the PS 6.0 85 or PC600 because they play noticeably different than newer versions.

Good point, Break Point :)
I just don't know. Why would they change graphics all of a sudden. To create even more confusion?

Wilson is just wierd and I hate their names, too.

WTF is 3.5, 6.0, 6.1 si, nCode nTour Two, nPro Open X, nPro Open, nPro Surge X nCode, nPS 95 nCode, nForce, nBlade, nFcuk?

BreakPoint
09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Good point, Break Point :)
I just don't know. Why would they change graphics all of a sudden. To create even more confusion?

Most manufacturers do the same thing. It's their way of date stamping the frame for warranty purposes. So if you tried to return your racquet to Wilson now, it would be very easy for them to tell that it's over a year old and past its warranty period, since the ones with the silver spec lable haven't been made for over a year and a half.

On the Slazenger Pro X-1, they changed the direction the panther logo is facing and also if the larger pather logo is filled in silver or just an outline in silver. Other manufactures also change the graphics slightly now and then.