PDA

View Full Version : Repair Chipped Paint on a Babolat Pro Drive

JRstriker12
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
After finishing a recent clinic, one of the pros gave me his new Pro Drive to test out. He said my game would benefit from a heavier racket than I play with currently.

He says - take it home for a week.

I asked him twice - "Are you sure? - I don't want anything to happen."

He says, "Babolat likes when I lend out my racket."

Anyway, long story short, I was testing it out yesterday and me and my doubles partner went up for the same ball and clashed rackets. My partner's pro-drive didn't have a scratch. My borrowed Pro-drive have a nice big spot of chipped paint - UGH!!!!!!

I am going to have to tell him what happened, I am not going to hide it, but....

Is there anyway to repair the paint chip? Maybe I can offer to have it repaired after I showed him what happened?

On the good side, I like the racket much more than my current stick. It's just my luck that this had to happen.

Just wondering. Do alot of the Pro-Drives tend to chip like that?

pchoi04
09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
If hes a teaching pro and is sponsored by babolat, I really dont think he would care that there is a chip in his racquet. If that was a main concern for him he probably wouldnt have even let you borrow it in the first place. Racquets get banged up, its what there meant to do.

Also to answer your question there really isnt a way to repair a chip. Much like a car if you get a chip or a scratch you just repaint the whole surface.

onkystomper
09-28-2006, 01:10 PM
dontsweat it. he would not len it out if he wasthatconcened.he is prob on commission

JRstriker12
09-28-2006, 03:47 PM
I hope you guys are right. Well see next week.

JR