PDA

View Full Version : Compare these racquets (lm rad, mfil300, nsix-one, rds001)

gfdoto
09-28-2006, 01:56 PM
I am probably a 3.5-4.0 player, currently playing with a Babolat PD+. I serve lefty but play righty and I swing pretty fast and hit with a decent amount of topspin. 2HBH also. At this point I play mostly doubles. I have 4 demo racquets from TW coming in tomorrow, woohoo!

1. Head LM Radical MP
2. Dunlop M-Fil 300
3. Wilson NSix-One 95 ( 16x18 )
4. Yonex RDS 001 MP

How would you guys rank these 4 racquets in terms of power, control, comfort, spin potential, maneuverability, serves, groundstrokes, and volleys? I feel that I haven't played with enough racquets to be a good judge of these characteristics and I'll probably end up picking the one that just feels right.

I like playing with the PD+, but at times I feel discomfort playing with it. I also have some trouble when I rally against people who hit heavy groundstrokes and I feel it's partially due to the light weight of the PD+. I have some lead on it but I'm curious how these more control oriented racquets compare as I have never played with a control racquet before. Which one do you guys think I'll like best? :) I'll post my thoughts sometime next week after I spend a few days hitting with them. Can't wait!

Noveson
09-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Well all of the racquets you have picked have a huge amount of threads here on TW. Especially the RDS001. So first of all do a search. Of these I have only played with the LM Radical, and my current racquet is the PD cortex standard. The radical felt really nice on my backhand for some reason. It felt more like I was driving through it. There isn't much kick to topspin shots, but there is enough to get your shots to drop. It felt really solid and stable, a nice racquet for cheaper than the others you listed.