PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all you know aobut hybrids...

retroceso
09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I want to know as much as i can about hybrids strings, because im planning to play with hybrids strings and i want to make sure i don't make a real crappy combination.
I want to know should you match strings like multifilament with multifilament? or whatever.

I was planning on doing yonex tour super 850 with luxilon something ( i dont know much about luxilon)

also tension how do you know which tension to put on switch?

BigServer1
09-28-2006, 03:02 PM
I would definately do a search. There is a ton of info on hybrids on these boards.

This really depends on how you play. Many people love the control and spin of a poly/gut cross, some love the softness and feel of a gut/multi hybrid. Polyester/Syn Gut, blah blah blah. Tell us more about your play style, and that will help people make suggestions.

JohnS
09-29-2006, 10:42 AM
From experience, do not use a poly and mutifilament together, the poly will saw through the mutifilament and will break fast.

jmk2888
09-29-2006, 02:46 PM
From experience, do not use a poly and mutifilament together, the poly will saw through the mutifilament and will break fast.

Would poly saw through Natural Gut ?

I'm playing with Nat. Gut on Main and Poly on Crosees, do you recommend string savers ?

theace21
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Would poly saw through Natural Gut ?

I'm playing with Nat. Gut on Main and Poly on Crosees, do you recommend string savers ?
I use BDE Preformance and a synthetic gut cross. I use string savers at the first sign of a fray...

retroceso
09-29-2006, 08:28 PM
well im using a yonex rds 003 and im looking for more power cause it seems like the strings i currently have, saw on signature.

Zets147
09-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I tried Nat/Alu Power hybrid on
LM Prestige
Ncode Tour 90

Both got more power in every category. It had a nice feel to it also. Durability was ok.

Keifers
09-30-2006, 08:33 AM
I've had execllent results with nat gut mains and some kind of monofilament synthetic in the crosses. Typically, VS or BDE gut, and Gosen JC (for a firmer feel) or TNT (softer).

You've never tried nat gut mains? Well you're in for a treat, I reckon.