PDA

View Full Version : Lead Tape On Opposite Sides of Racquet

chair ump
09-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I have some babolat lead tape, and it was so heavy (and I didn't feel like cutting it) so I just put it on at 3 and 9 on the opposite side of the frame on either side. That shouldn't make a difference in balance vs. if it was placed on both sides of the frame at 3 and 9...right?

SFrazeur
09-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Let me get this right, there are only two strips of lead on the frame total?
If this is right read on. If not, never mind.

Any way you put it on, you cannot have only two strips, you MUST have equal strips on both sides at three and nine. That will make the frame unstable and you will get hurt.

Duzza
09-28-2006, 07:48 PM

Any way you put it on, you cannot have only two strips, you MUST have equal strips on both sides at three and nine. That will make the frame unstable and you will get hurt.
I think he means he only had, lets say two 3cm strips. He put one on each side of the frame(3 and 9) but on opposite sides of the string pattern to make the frame balanced the other way to which we measure.

chair ump
09-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Duzza,

That's exactly right...

That won't adversely affect balance will it?

-CU

Duzza
09-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I have always wondered this...

VGP
09-28-2006, 07:55 PM

Jimmy Connors used to put his lead tape on his racket heads at 12 and 3 o'clock only......

Keifers
09-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I think you want equal amounts of tape at 3:00 and 9:00, and on both sides of the stringbed. When I tried it on just one side of the stringbed a few years ago, it didn't feel right.

onkystomper
09-29-2006, 01:10 AM
you really need 4 strips total. the impact will be different and does not feel right. The balance will be slightly off as well