PDA

View Full Version : which do you prefer

The nCode nTour Guy
09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
hey guys just wondering which string you prefer the Wilson Nxt or Luxilon?

snoflewis
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
they're different type of strings, one's a multi and the other a poly....so most will see this as a basic comparison between the two...

just wondering, why only those two types of string?

The nCode nTour Guy
09-28-2006, 06:56 PM
ah just wondering cuz i play w/ nxt and im thinking about switching luxilon thats why im just wonedring what everyone elses opinions are?

th41291
09-28-2006, 07:09 PM
lol, i use NXT Tour in my mains, and Lux Rough in my Crosses. Have any of you tried this setup, except replace the Lux with Hurricane Tours?

MasterTS
09-28-2006, 08:04 PM
hey guys just wondering which string you prefer the Wilson Nxt or Luxilon?

First Nxt is a string model from Wilson.... Luxilon is a brand of strings and has many models.

The nCode nTour Guy
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
i know they are different btw Master do u know all of the models of the luxlon strings?

Rabbit
09-29-2006, 11:09 AM
If you're thinking of trying Luxilon after using NXT, you might want to start with either ALU or Original. Those will be the two closest to what you have. I would say Supersense is the most synthetic-like string in their line, but it is also the worst and most expensive IMO. I couldn't keep a ball in court with that stuff.

Strato
09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
NXT. I love this string. Great feel. Never had a problem with breakage. Haven't found anything I like as well.

Luxilon is too stiff. No feel. And it broke on me the first time I tried it. Weather was cool and I hit it near the top of the frame, but I've never had that happen with NXT.

The nCode nTour Guy
09-29-2006, 02:01 PM
well u dont get that much feel w/ open pattern string but its much better for heavy topspin

oscar_2424
09-29-2006, 02:39 PM
NXT. I love this string. Great feel. Never had a problem with breakage. Haven't found anything I like as well.

Luxilon is too stiff. No feel. And it broke on me the first time I tried it. Weather was cool and I hit it near the top of the frame, but I've never had that happen with NXT.
you broke a luxilon?

The nCode nTour Guy
09-29-2006, 02:40 PM
strato nxt arent that durable they break pretty easily

Strato
10-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Just giving you my experience. The only way to know if you like a string is to play it.

Yes i did break luxilon. It was quite cold that night - maybe in the low 50's. Hit at the top of the frame in a Babolat Pure Control Plus and it snapped.

I've tried Hurricane main and Xcel Premium cross - didn't like much better. I just can't feel the ball. I prefer a softer string that you can feel flex.

NXT does fray on me. But I can get several months out of it before it breaks.

th41291
10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Several Months!

pmata814
10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
...NXT does fray on me. But I can get several months out of it before it breaks.

Several Months??!! Is this a mis-print or do you not play that much? I'm a 3.0-3.5 player who hits with moderate topspin. I don't have a lot of power but I do take full swings. I play 4 times a week (about 8 hrs.) and the most I can get out of my NXT is 2 weeks when I'm lucky. Must of the time it breaks in the middle of the second week. Which is why I am currently in the process of experimenting with hybrids and other strings to try and cut down on the cost. ;)

armand
10-02-2006, 09:52 AM
This thread is destroyed. From the very start actually.

vinnier6
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Several Months??!! Is this a mis-print or do you not play that much? I'm a 3.0-3.5 player who hits with moderate topspin. I don't have a lot of power but I do take full swings. I play 4 times a week (about 8 hrs.) and the most I can get out of my NXT is 2 weeks when I'm lucky. Must of the time it breaks in the middle of the second week. Which is why I am currently in the process of experimenting with hybrids and other strings to try and cut down on the cost. ;)
you play 4 times a week and your only a 3.0 player...i play with nxt 1-2 times a week, and i am a 4.0 player and i never break nxt and i get about 3 months before i get sick of the tension loss and cut it out...i does start to fray pretty fast, but that doesnt keep it from playing...

The nCode nTour Guy
10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
anyway can w get back to the point of this thread first off nxt breaks easily anyway im just wondering if i should switch i like to hit w/heavy topspin and by switching to luxilon im pretty sure i'll generate as and more spin by not having to put all the energy so just give me a poll of yes and no thanks