PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Beam Size on Yonex RQ Super 500

kenshireen
09-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I have not been able to locate the beam size for this racket. I can find all the other specs but not the width. This is very important to me since I like a thin frame

Thanks, Ken

lacoster
09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
It's very thin at the throat and then thicker at the head, due to it's Oval Pressed Shaft (OPS) technology. The throat, which is where most Yonex frames flex and get their spin potential, is 21mm and head is 27mm.
________
EXTREME Q (http://vaporizers.net/extreme-vaporizer)

ne1410is
09-28-2006, 09:11 PM
i actually have this racket. the frame around the head is quite wide. triangular cross section beam which gets a little smushed where the clamps go on restringing machines. it is somewhat difficult for me to generate spin because of the wide frame around the head. like the previous poster said, the throat has a thinner beam which is supposed to allow more flex here. if you like thin frames, this is definitely NOT a thin frame! but it still plays pretty darn awesome. only wish i had gotten a bigger grip than normal because yonex's (at least these older ones) have grips that feel much smaller than the figure that is listed. my 4 1/2 feels like 4 3/8. The butt cap is also much less pronounced which for me makes it feel a little less stable.

kenshireen
09-29-2006, 06:46 AM
It's interesting that you say that because the new yonex grip sizes actually feel on the large size.