PDA

View Full Version : Advice on the Aero

racingdad23
09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
My junior went from the Shark Mp to Diablo Mp. The Diablo really improved his game but was a little underpowered but he did very well with it and I feel it improved his game. I bought a Aero Tour Plus here on the forum pretty cheap to try for myself. After a few minutes of hitting with it he wanted to try it. I havent been able to pry it from his hands yet. His baseline game came alive. Shots were powerfull and deep, he was nailing the corners and with the gobs of topspin couldnt hardly hit it out. Did I say lots of power?!! The only drawback was that he was "framing" more shots (mostly returns) but they still somehow go in?!? Ive tried to pick up a couple more used but they and just cant find them. In searching the forums there are alot of posts that this racquet (Aero Tour) is the "worst" of the Aero racquets and that the Aeropro Drive and Aeropro control with the woofer are much better! I've looked at the specs and feel that of the two the Aeropro control would be better for him. My question is just "how much" of a better racquet is the Aeropro Control than the Aero Tour which by the way was described as a toilet bowl seat in another thread :)

The Aero Tours have a real nice price point right now on clearance and I hate to switch from something that works good but if its that much better its seems to be a no brainer to me to at least try. Ive done several searches and read many posts mainly about the Aeropro Drive but more insterested in the Aeropro Control. Anyone have any experience with "both" of these racquets that can offer some good insight?

phat
09-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Ask your son whether the swing weight of Aero tour is a problem, if not, he should go for the APC. APD tends to hit a "lighter" ball with a normal stroke. APC hit a much heavier one. Spin potential is the stronger key for APD than APC, but I feel that you have to put some lead tape on APD to make it more stable. Both are stiff. The strongest point of the APC is its plow through effect, it's addictive!! APD is much weaker in that department.

I don't know what kind of tension your kid is used to, but I do recommend you to string the APC at 60 & above.......

racingdad23
09-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Ask your son whether the swing weight of Aero tour is a problem, if not, he should go for the APC.

I don't know what kind of tension your kid is used to, but I do recommend you to string the APC at 60 & above.......

He's good on the Tour swingweight and currently strung with Tour Hurricane at 56/58. Went ahead and bought the APC today. Thanks for the help!

wksoh
12-28-2006, 06:38 AM
He's good on the Tour swingweight and currently strung with Tour Hurricane at 56/58. Went ahead and bought the APC today. Thanks for the help!

Let us know your write up between the APC and Aero Tour..if possible. thanks!

wksoh
01-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Let us know your write up between the APC and Aero Tour..if possible. thanks!

I sold my Aeropro Control is less than a week. Too heavy, too late in my shots... it's me.. I can't handle it.

fujitsu77
01-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Didn't like the APC - too "board like"!!

The APD on the other hand, is not bad

federer_nadal
01-09-2007, 11:39 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BATP.html
You can still buy them from TW, and for a good price, i recon it looks cool but dont want to risk buying one and not liking it.

You guys know that the Aero Tour Plus has these specs:
Head Size:
97 sq. in. / 626 sq. cm.
Length: 27.5 inches / 70 cm
Strung Weight: 11.6oz / 329g
Balance: 7pts Head Light
Swingweight: 330

Which are pretty different to the APC.

shavenstringer
01-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Look at the stiffness of that frame!! I wouldn't let my son play with that! Elbow says ouch!