PDA

View Full Version : Vantage is high quality...

louis netman
09-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I recently purchased a Vantage 100" 330 gram stick at about 7 pts HL off the message boards. With leather and butt expansion tape it was about 360g and 12 pts HL. Right up my alley! This thing is high-quality. It's a raw daddy that feels like a 100," 80's Graphite Edge. I was hitting TS forhands like I haven't hit since I was a teeny bopper (using a Graphite Edge).......BH slice was low, deep and penetrating....Serves were bombs...Volleyed like a charm...Now if I could only find a truckload of 321112 coded frames I'd be done... please email: michaelm101@sbcglobal.net if you can help...

stormholloway
09-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Mine should be showing up tomorrow. Glad to see you like yours. Is that 7 pts HL before stringing?

louis netman
09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
it says 330g, 310mm........whatever it is, the balance feels great with leather and about 6g at the butt...

BreakPoint
09-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Speaking of the similarities between the Vantage and the Head Graphite Edge. :D ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=68236

louis netman
09-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Speaking of the similarities between the Vantage and the Head Graphite Edge. :D ;)

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=68236

I haven't played that wonderful stick since 1982, but I got that same old feeling when hitting with the Vantage and couldn't really put a label on it..... So, it's not just idiosyncratic me... ;-)

BreakPoint
09-28-2006, 10:55 PM
I haven't played that wonderful stick since 1982, but I got that same old feeling when hitting with the Vantage and couldn't really put a label on it..... So, it's not just idiosyncratic me... ;-)

I just realized that I posted that thread linked above a little over a year ago. It seems like I posted it just yesterday! :eek: Wow, time sure flies when you spend so much of it on this board! ;) LOL

Keifers
09-29-2006, 09:16 AM
lou,
Glad you like your Vantage so much. Was the leather grip installed by Vantage during manufacture, or was it added later?

Thanks.

louis netman
09-29-2006, 09:34 AM
lou,
Glad you like your Vantage so much. Was the leather grip installed by Vantage during manufacture, or was it added later?

Thanks.

Yeah, I like the Vantage. My only qualm is the beam shape. It's reminiscent of the PK Kinetic frames. It has that rounded, semi-circular outside beam...I'll have to get over that, however...

The grip was the stock Vantage grip, which is quite supple and thinner than a Fairway...

Keifers
09-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Hmm, that's very interesting about the beam shape. I wonder if they chose that shape because a box beam would not feel as comfortable and familiar to people used to "more modern" frames?

In the PK Heritage series, the S and the R are rounded, and the C and C Redondo are box beams.

louis netman
09-29-2006, 11:45 AM
Hmm, that's very interesting about the beam shape. I wonder if they chose that shape because a box beam would not feel as comfortable and familiar to people used to "more modern" frames?

In the PK Heritage series, the S and the R are rounded, and the C and C Redondo are box beams.

I would have preferred a box, kidney (ala Volkl) or the shape used by the Slaz X1... Gotta love those C series...How about a 16x19, 98" in a "C" someday?

Keifers
09-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I would have preferred a box, kidney (ala Volkl) or the shape used by the Slaz X1... Gotta love those C series...How about a 16x19, 98" in a "C" someday?
Yeah, lou ...or a 16x19 93" C...

I'd pop for both in a heartbeat. :)