PDA

View Full Version : Pro Hurricane Tour Hybrids?

TripleB
09-29-2006, 05:04 AM
To those of you using the Pro Hurricane Tour in a hybrid, what are you using as your cross string?

I've been a long time Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L user and have strung it with Prince Synthetic Gut w/Duraflex, Gosen OG Sheep Micro, Gosen Jim Courier, and most recently Yonex Tour Super 850 Feel 16L. Just wondering what you Pro Hurricane Tour users are putting in your crosses.

TripleB

PS: Is the Pro Hurricane Tour better than the Luxilon BB ALU Power 16L?

Pusher
09-29-2006, 05:18 AM
To those of you using the Pro Hurricane Tour in a hybrid, what are you using as your cross string?

I've been a long time Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L user and have strung it with Prince Synthetic Gut w/Duraflex, Gosen OG Sheep Micro, Gosen Jim Courier, and most recently Yonex Tour Super 850 Feel 16L. Just wondering what you Pro Hurricane Tour users are putting in your crosses.

TripleB

PS: Is the Pro Hurricane Tour better than the Luxilon BB ALU Power 16L?

I have used VS gut and also Babolat Conquest. I string for my son (A Jr player) and he tells me the Conquest as good as the gut so I go with the cheaper Conquest (usually).

However, If we are going to a tournament that requires an overnight stay (or two) I will use the VS gut in the crosses because I know it will maintain tension and not lose its pop. I don't trust tournament stringers and if my son has to play 4 or 5 matches without re-stringing then I doubt the Conquest would hold up.

Yes, he has more than one racquet but if I don't have access to my stringing machine I take no chances. BTW, the cheaper gut (tonic or another brand) does not give the same power and feel as the good stuff (VS or Team). Thats just my opinion but it is based on much experience.

psgreenjack
09-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Until recently I used Luxilon BB Ace 18g 54lbs. in my mains with Tecnifibre NRG2 17g 59lbs. for my crosses. Due to TW not carrying BB Ace in reels (discontinued ???), I decided to give Pro Hurricane Tour 17g a try in my mains. I will have to give you my experiences with the BB Ace with various crosses.

But first I like the Pro Hurricane Tour (PHT) better than the BB Ace, it gives me a softer feel while still maintaining control on my ground strokes & providing sufficient spin. I am able to swing away without balls sailing long. As for durability of the PHT, so far I have played 9 hours & mains are holding tension, the crosses are just starting to fray.

As for my experiences with various stringing combinations with the BB Ace mains:

Babolat VS Team Gut 17g – Nice feel & durability, but not worth the money. I was getting a similar feel with the NRG2 & would have to restring due to the mains going dead first.

BB Ace 18g – String bed too stiff, wanted softer feel.

Technifibre NRG2 17g – Provided the power, control & soft touch. Crosses would start to fray but mains went dead before crosses would break.

Wilson NXT Tour 17g – provided similar feel as NRG2.

WhiteSox05CA
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Go to www.babolat.com

Here you can enter what you want out of your strings (power, control, feel...)
and they will come up with a duo of the strings they offer to match your specifications.
________
SAMARA96 live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SAMARA96)

TripleB
09-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Can anyone comment on the durability of the Pro Hurricane Tour 17g versus the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L (since they are both 1.25mm)?

TripleB

jdub486
10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I just tried Prince Topsin as a cross with pretty good results- very soft feel, good control, good spin.

goblake14
10-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I've got a friend who has it in his O3 Tour with Prince Synthetic Gut W/Duraflex 18. He seems to like it a lot. He raves about the control.

BigServer1
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Can anyone comment on the durability of the Pro Hurricane Tour 17g versus the Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L (since they are both 1.25mm)?

TripleB

Durability of BB is better, but that's about the only thing that is better about BB. The 16g cane tour is nice as well, if you want some extra durability.