PDA

View Full Version : LimeWire

Steve Huff
08-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Have any of you used LimeWire for recording music? Is this legal? Any other info would sure help.

Coda
08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
I didn't like LimeWire. If you want to download music, Ares, Kazaa are both good. Although they are starting to crackdown on Kazaa. I'm pretty sure all peer to peer music sharing is illegal, if you do find websites that have free music, I think that's okay.

jayserinos99
08-03-2004, 04:43 PM
they have been cracking down on all networks for quite some time now, but more so with kazaa. but as long as you don't get caught sharing, it's okay.

Coda
08-21-2004, 09:48 PM
Steve, have you downloaded any P2P program yet? If you have I have learnt of a way to download music without getting caught...without a warrant, authorities can only look in your sharing folder. This is the folder than you download files into, this is also the folder that people can download music from. Once you download music or whatever file you download, move it to another folder that isn't your sharing folder. A warning however, nearly half of the files you can download off of any P2P program are infected with viruses/worms/trojan horses/etc...however mp3 files (music) are safe.

Mark55
08-22-2004, 10:43 AM
I dont recommend Kazaa because it is full of viruses/trojans. And in took me forever to get all that crap off of my computer. I have been using BearShare for the last few monthes and it works just as good as Kazaa without any junk.