PDA

View Full Version : Your prostaff midsize/6.0 85 specs

vkartikv
09-29-2006, 01:32 PM
I just got mine tested on an RDC machine. Details (incl. non RDC related specs)

ProStaff 6.0 85 China edition (earlier make)
Weight - 361 grams (racquet + 2 layers of 4" x 1/4" cm lead @ 3 and 9 + head's head tape + pacific force 18)
Stiffness - 68
SW - 342

Without the leadtape and headtape the racquet was a serving monster but my groundstrokes were only so-so. But with their addition its now very stable and quite powerful on groundstrokes but only so-so on serves (especially second). It is still the lowest powered racquet I have used. Still looking around to find that right balance for optimal serves/groundstrokes.

Tennis Man
09-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Weight - 361 grams (racquet + 2 layers of 4" x 1/4" cm lead @ 3 and 9 + head's head tape + pacific force 18)
Stiffness - 68
SW - 342

Without the leadtape and headtape the racquet was a serving monster but my groundstrokes were only so-so. But with their addition its now very stable and quite powerful on groundstrokes but only so-so on serves (especially second). It is still the lowest powered racquet I have used. Still looking around to find that right balance for optimal serves/groundstrokes.

Please, keep us posted.

Keifers
09-29-2006, 02:18 PM

Stiffness - 68
SW - 342

Can you tell us the balance of your 85? And does your 85 have a white butt cap?

Thanks.

psp2
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
1. China version?? (Buttcode GHZ)
374g, no lead, but have leather power pads (5 of them). Wilson leather grip. L3. 2 layers of Tournagrip
Strung with Titan 17g/TF NRG17 hybrid
RA: 67
Balance: 9.5 pts. HL

2. SV (Buttcode JOQ)
366g, no lead, stock Fairway. L4. 1 layer of Tournagrip
Strung with TF BiPhase 18g, VS Touch 16g hybrid
RA: 64
Balance: 9.5 pts. HL

3. ??? version. Black buttcap
don't play with this one much.

vkartikv
10-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Can you tell us the balance of your 85? And does your 85 have a white butt cap?

Thanks.

Balance - 1/2" HL. White buttcap, earlier China model with prostaff written in italics.

thevillageidiot
10-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Balance - 1/2" HL. White buttcap, earlier China model with prostaff written in italics.

when giving balance points is the convention usually to give the balance of the racquet strung or unstrung?

superstition
10-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Used to have a Taiwanese model. It was trashed because I was stupid and let a friend borrow it. It was replaced with an early Chinese model. Now, I have a recent Chinese model and I don't like it. I think I got a lemon. I shouldn't have bought it because it didn't feel right in the shop.

vkartikv
10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Used to have a Taiwanese model. It was trashed because I was stupid and let a friend borrow it. It was replaced with an early Chinese model. Now, I have a recent Chinese model and I don't like it. I think I got a lemon. I shouldn't have bought it because it didn't feel right in the shop.

Forget the st. vincents and taiwan makes, those early Chinese makes are the hardest to find! I don't know why they can't maintain some level of consistency.

skuludo
10-03-2006, 01:36 AM
I think my ps85 is from china. It is stock weight and I don't really like it. I prefer a stiffer string bed.