PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Wilson nPro Open

PhillyMike
09-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I started playing again a few months ago after about a 9 year hiatus. As a junior player, I strung my own racquets with a Klippermate, and I just ordered another one. So I'm ready to start stringing again. But now there are so many types of strings I'm unfamiliar with that I thought I'd ask for recommendations (as a junior player, I used a pretty basic Prince syn gut or sometimes Gamma gut).

My playing style: I hit with pretty good pace from the baseline, so I'm mostly looking for control and feel. I hit with topsin but a little bit on the flat side -- though I like to hit kick serves, and I like to be able to generate more spin at times (like if I'm playing against someone who doesn't hit with much pace).

I've got Gamma gut in both racquets now, but that's just because it was one of the only reasonably priced options at the local sporting goods store. Now that I'll be doing it on my own, I'd like to try some different stuff. I've got a packet of Wilson NXT that came with my racquet, and want to order some different stuff from TW.

Suggestions?