PDA

View Full Version : TE on Dnx8, How to solve it ????

bagung
09-29-2006, 06:28 PM
how to solve it by not changing frames???
put lead on the throat? in order to make it heavier????
and put the soft string at lower tensions? such as venom 16 at 53lbs??????

lcw
09-29-2006, 06:43 PM
how to solve it by not changing frames???
put lead on the throat? in order to make it heavier????
and put the soft string at lower tensions? such as venom 16 at 53lbs??????

It's hard to imagine getting a TA while playing with VOLKL.
I will increase the grip size first and if that doesn't work, I will decrease the tension even further to 48 lb. One thing I will never do is add lead.
good luck!

calabi12
09-29-2006, 11:34 PM
MMMmmmmhhh. Light, stiff... recipe for tennis elbow.

I tried the DNX8, liked the way it played generally, except I could tell TE will start in less than a week.

If the above suggestions fail, look for a more flexible racquet.

bagung
09-30-2006, 02:39 AM
MMMmmmmhhh. Light, stiff... recipe for tennis elbow.

I tried the DNX8, liked the way it played generally, except I could tell TE will start in less than a week.

If the above suggestions fail, look for a more flexible racquet.
that is what i expected, light and stiff, that is why i would like to put lead on the throat, to make it heavier.... would it help my TE?????????????????

Marius_Hancu
09-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Stiffness: 69
this you can't change with any lead and it may well be the main factor.

You could try placing lead 10g in the handle and 10g total at 3 and 9.

Change to multifilaments (not sure what string the present one is) or natural gut (best) at lower tensions.

Go to a coach and ask him to have a look at your shots. It might be an important factor. But if you didn't get TE with other racquets, that might be not the problem.

But I would say don't be stubborn and change to more appropriate racquets, including from Volkl. Do NOT be cheap with your body.

FWIW
check my posting here:

Best arm friendly racquets?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=77937

Court_Jester
09-30-2006, 03:27 AM
I actually switched to the DNX8 after I developed TE. I added lead at the shoulders and handle to raise its weight to about 12 oz and strung it with a multifilament string at 53 lbs. Now that my TE is all but gone, I can string my racquets with polyester strings for better crispness (check my sig :D) and not worry about my TE coming back.

However, with that said, I think you should check your BH technique. After several weeks of analyzing my 1HBH, I realized that the reason that I keep aggravating my elbow was that my wrist tended to flex upon contact with the ball so I made sure that my wrist is locked when doing the BH. That, plus keeping my arm straight, I fixed my technique so now I can hit several hoppers of balls with just my 1HBH without any pain.

jonolau
10-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Totally agree. Though equipment does contribute to TE, it is mainly caused by improper technique. Suggest you work with a good teaching pro to see whether technique needs to be tweaked.

I faced a similar issue, and after working with a teaching pro for only one lesson, he spotted the error, changed it and have been TE free ever since then (2 years ago).