PDA

View Full Version : head fxp vs O3 tour midplus please compare

jack mckinney
09-29-2006, 07:09 PM
I am looking for a comparision on these racquets from people who have tried both. i am a doubles player with a heavy topspin off the backhand slice forehand and kick serve. which of these racquets did you like and why? thanks in advance for your help.

jack mckinney
09-29-2006, 07:11 PM
should flexpoint radical midplus

jack mckinney
09-30-2006, 11:15 AM
no one has tried out these racquets

jack mckinney
09-30-2006, 05:38 PM
any comments at all

VolklVenom
09-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I've tried both.
I didn't like the O3 because it doesnt enable you to control the ball as well as other racquets, with too much power when not needed.
The head fxp tour, i liked, but its near-even balance distributioon of weight may make it seem hefty for some.
The fxp enables you to do certain things better than most racquets. These things are:
1. enables you to lit phenomonal backhand slices
2. extra power on serve, while maintaining control when a little spin is applied.
3. great racquet for the return-of-serve. Go after those 2nd serves with this racquet to give you are real edge.

I've found that you really need to be aggressive with the fxp. If you play tentitive, you will find that your shots will flop.

HBK
09-30-2006, 11:19 PM
fxp rad tour or just the fxp rad mp?

anyway, i hit with the all three, o3 tour and the two fxp rad. string the o3 tour neutral with syn gut and it's sick. fxp rad tour's a piece of ****, that juan carlos guy dropped it. fxp rad mp is awesome. so forgiving, so spin friendly, so easy to hit flat with. 03 tour is equally amazing, but don't string it high or else it gets that wooden board feeling. kind of disconnected, you know.

jcstennis
10-01-2006, 09:11 AM
just started playing w/ a fxp radical mid plus... nice stick, good weight... strung @ +2 and the serves got pop, good 2nd serve kick and as HBK said you can hit flat well with this stick (and i'm a semi western top spin forehand guy)... demo them both, they are both good sticks!

_________
jcstennis

fishuuuuu
10-01-2006, 09:20 AM
FXP will give you more goods from the start but the O3 Tour is a overall racquet that can be tuned up to improve as you improve. O3 Tour is notorious for spin production.