PDA

View Full Version : Does Stencil ink affect the stringbed?

Fishbulb
09-30-2006, 01:38 AM
Does Stencil ink affect the stringbed?

Does it change the playability and characteristics of the string?

psp2
09-30-2006, 05:16 AM
Yes!! The angle of the light reflecting off the stencil ink will stiffen up the stringbed by a few pounds, so be careful with it.

Swissv2
09-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Yes!! The angle of the light reflecting off the stencil ink will stiffen up the stringbed by a few pounds, so be careful with it.

?

Fishbulb
09-30-2006, 05:41 AM

No need for sarcasm buddy. It's a decent question. The guy that strings my racquet said stenciling racquets changes its playability.
Obviously it doesn't affect you because you probably can't play.;)

a guy
09-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Maybe if you're using the incorrect type of ink it can soak into materials like natural gut and mess them up a little?

thetenniskid07
09-30-2006, 07:51 AM
Stencil ink does not. Sharpie does.

War, Safin!
09-30-2006, 07:54 AM
It makes me play better.

bsandy
09-30-2006, 08:59 AM

The guy that strings my racquet said stenciling racquets changes its playability.

WRONG

WRONG

SoBad
09-30-2006, 09:04 AM
Painted strings leave marks on the tennis balls, so it's easy to distinguish between lucky and unlucky balls in a match.

bsandy
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Painted strings leave marks on the tennis balls, so it's easy to distinguish between lucky and unlucky balls in a match.

Which are lucky ?

Keifers
09-30-2006, 09:28 AM
I like it!! :D

Richie Rich
09-30-2006, 09:30 AM
The guy that strings my racquet said stenciling racquets changes its playability.

did he tell how it changes the playability? he's talking out of his arse.

kchau
09-30-2006, 10:01 AM
WRONG

WRONG

if those are wrong, then what is right?

stencil ink sometimes make the strings harder to move around, they'll still move, just takes slightly harder to move back.

hoahuyen
09-30-2006, 11:13 AM

I don't think so. There's one match between Nadal and Fed. Not sure it is the Rome final or something else. Nadal had to change his racquet and it seemed that the new one had no stencil. So Nadal just put out a sharpie and drew 2 lines on his string bed.

theace21
09-30-2006, 11:26 AM
If it effects the string bed, do you think the pros would use stencils. They are earning their living by playing tennis...they are not going to take a chance.

SoBad
09-30-2006, 12:29 PM
Which are lucky ?

You as a player need to determine that based on the outcome of points played with different balls. For instance, if you just served an ace, wait for the opponent to fetch the ball and return to you, observe the ink markings on that ball and see if you can serve another ace with the same ball. Conversely, if you double-fault, make a note of the markings on the ball used for second serve - this ball is now on probation in your mind. As the match progresses, you may observe a pattern as to which balls are winning you points ("lucky balls") and which ones are costing you points ("unlucky balls"). Now you can see how using stencil ink can raise your game to another level and really dictate the outcome of a match.

drakulie
09-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes it does affect the stringbed. It changes the color. LOL!

bsandy
09-30-2006, 01:42 PM
You as a player need to determine that based on the outcome of points played with different balls. For instance, if you just served an ace, wait for the opponent to fetch the ball and return to you, observe the ink markings on that ball and see if you can serve another ace with the same ball. Conversely, if you double-fault, make a note of the markings on the ball used for second serve - this ball is now on probation in your mind. As the match progresses, you may observe a pattern as to which balls are winning you points ("lucky balls") and which ones are costing you points ("unlucky balls"). Now you can see how using stencil ink can raise your game to another level and really dictate the outcome of a match.

Okay Goran

Fishbulb
09-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks for your help. I have come to the conclusion that stencil ink doesn't change anything.

psp2
10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for your help. I have come to the conclusion that stencil ink doesn't change anything.

WOW!!!

Fishbulb
10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I use Gamma Stencil Ink, would it change the durability of Natural Gut?

Because i thought liquids would destroy gut.

Richie Rich
10-24-2006, 03:33 AM
I use Gamma Stencil Ink, would it change the durability of Natural Gut?

Because i thought liquids would destroy gut.
uh, no.

Zets147
10-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Putting a Wilson Stencil on my racquet makes me play like Federer, it's true.