PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aeropro control

haerdalis
09-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I am currently looking for a new racquet. I have used wilson prostaffs for a long time, frist teh 6.0 85 and lately the prostaff tour 90, but now I am in the market for a bigger headsized racquet. I bought a POG OS from TW and I really like it but it feels a little to big at 107. So I am thinking 98 or 100 might be more what I need. I dont like light racquets at all so I didnt hink the babolats would be any good but then I saw this racquet. Is it any good? Bad for the arm? Anybody here who plays with it or have tried it?

phat
10-01-2006, 01:45 AM
APC has a great combination of power & spin potential packed into one. The "heaviness" of the ball is much more obvious to my hitting partner than say a pure drive. The plow through effect on APC is head & shoulder above any racquet that I have ever hit!!! The sweetspot is huge & extremely stable with some solid swingweight in the racquet. The feel is stiff & raw, kind of like the PS85!! The control will never be like a PS85, but if you string it with above 60Lbs (I personally use a alu power @ 62) the control is top notch.

I do get tired right shoulder from hitting a 1H BH, if I play singles for more than 1 1/2 hours. I think its the additional weight at this stiffness level that protects my elbow from getting hurt. I used to play a iradical o/s @ 62lbs with syngut& I have a ting feeling on the elbow after I played every time!! My elbow is in great shape after I used the APC even in the relative high tension with luxilon!!

WhiteSox05CA
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
The frame is very stiff, and might be a problem for tennis elbow sufferers, but outside of that it's a great racquet!
________
Vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Lindros13
11-23-2006, 04:42 AM
The plow through effect on APC is head & shoulder above any racquet that I have ever hit!!! The sweetspot is huge & extremely stable

I agree with this statement 100%, especially on return of serve or return of any hard hit ball. The racquet is very stable and drives through the ball pretty easily. I too have some soreness in my shoulder and I too hit a 1HB. But I think the soreness has been attributable to serving, especially when I try to muscle the ball in, instead of using my back and legs. Now that I've strengthened my shoulder a little and started using better service motion, it's not too bad, and hopefully I can get rid of the pain altogether. I really ought to take a lesson that focuses on serving - I think that could help too.

Great racquet. BY FAR my favorite of ALL of the racquets I recently tested. But have some caution since several people seem to get shoulder pain if mechanics and arm strength are not 100%.

phat
11-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Lindros, my shoulder is just sore from the swingweight (those you got from lifting weights), my APC is not creating those (pinging) shock which courses the tennis/golf elbow. I am not playing tennis regular enough (once a week) to build up the strength.

Rafa's best friend
11-23-2006, 06:11 AM
Aeropro control is a excellent racket as is the aeropro drive RAFA uses, but the extra long version of these frames is not good due to poor manuverability. If you like the standard lenght, i would definitely try it, TW gave a very high rating in their review..

wksoh
12-24-2006, 11:56 PM
APC has a great combination of power & spin potential packed into one. The "heaviness" of the ball is much more obvious to my hitting partner than say a pure drive. The plow through effect on APC is head & shoulder above any racquet that I have ever hit!!! The sweetspot is huge & extremely stable with some solid swingweight in the racquet. The feel is stiff & raw, kind of like the PS85!!

Yes yes... it kept reminding me of a Pro Staff Tour90! I was hitting the fence with Xcel Premium 58 lbs. I will take your advice to string higher - hope I will find the control that I'm missing from this racquet soon because I noticed the ball speed is amazing. If only I can put the ball in everytime.....

DANMAN
12-25-2006, 10:02 AM
I found that the Aeropro Control is a great singles racket. Mine weighed over 13 ounces strung with an overgrip and dampener (no lead). The plow through was ridiculous. I loved it while I was playing with it, but then started feeling some shoulder and forearm pain which I attribute to the weight/swingweight, not the stiffness (since I have played with the PD+ for the last 6 or so years with no problems). I thought it swung much lighter than 345 (I have the +) at first, but then I realized I was late on a bunch of quick balls in doubles and found that I was not returning as well. I am back to my trusty old PD+s and loving every minute of the racket speed I can generate with them. For what it's worth, I am playing 5.0 tennis these days. I felt I could not get the racket around to deal with the pace of my opponents' balls.

xtremerunnerars
12-25-2006, 10:05 AM
it's fairly heavy. I started with it when my skills weren't quite up to the task, and now i'm playing with an m-fil 300.

I plan to move back to the apc in a little, it's just too demanding for me as a 3.5//4.0.

wksoh
01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Yes yes... it kept reminding me of a Pro Staff Tour90! I was hitting the fence with Xcel Premium 58 lbs. I will take your advice to string higher - hope I will find the control that I'm missing from this racquet soon because I noticed the ball speed is amazing. If only I can put the ball in everytime.....

I sold my Aeropro Control is less than a week. Too heavy, too late in my shots... it's me.. I can't handle it.

Lindros13
02-06-2007, 12:05 PM
WKSOH: After the APC, what did you go to next?