PDA

View Full Version : super spin strings

dylo
09-30-2006, 12:05 PM
any recommendations on strings that can really put crazy spin on the ball?

currently using wilson hyperlast spin 19s but not satified (its actually 18 gauge not 19 like the name implies)

btw: anyone know of any 20 gauge string?:rolleyes:

Valjean
09-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Gamma Ruff does pretty well. Toa's Twister, though, is the best of the non-poly textured lot.

nasri_babolat_storm
09-30-2006, 03:07 PM
SPPP gives a crazy amount of spin..those balls which usually go out are kept in..go for the full poly if u wan most spin..

LoveThisGame
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
With TOA Twister, smallish grommet holes can be a problem in pulling the string through.

Stroke technique is the biggest factor in generating spin. Sampras generated an ungodly amount of spin through technique.

Voltron
09-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Luxilon big banger alu power rough. They have less power than the name implies.

Voltron

MTChong
09-30-2006, 07:22 PM
any recommendations on strings that can really put crazy spin on the ball?

currently using wilson hyperlast spin 19s but not satified (its actually 18 gauge not 19 like the name implies)

btw: anyone know of any 20 gauge string?:rolleyes:

Then it's your problem - not the string's.

Steve Huff
09-30-2006, 11:49 PM
The 2 biggest spin producers I've seen are Isospeed Pyramid and Signum Poly Pro Spin. Both are extruded in a triangular shape, so at the string intersections, the flat edges are against one another, leaving the sharp edge up to make contact with the ball. All the HS guys who have tried it have raved about the spin.

diredesire
10-01-2006, 01:23 AM
Another string that goes under the radar is forten's aramid gear. IIRC, they do make a non-kevlar gear string, but I've never seen it in the retail channel.

jackson vile
10-01-2006, 10:00 AM
biphase 18g

zhan
10-01-2006, 10:24 AM
can someone link me with the SPPP?

jackson vile
10-01-2006, 01:48 PM
can someone link me with the SPPP?

look for it LOL

buder
10-01-2006, 02:26 PM
gauge, texture, tension and material have less affect on spin than the racquet's angle of attack. there are those that think luxilon snaps back quicker at pro-level head speed, and this increases ball rotation. I'm not sure I understand what is meant here, but this theory has been suggested many times and the pros seem to love the stuff. can anyone comment on the research here.

vamosrafa15
10-01-2006, 02:48 PM
babolat pro hurrricane tour by far

Discovery660
10-01-2006, 02:54 PM
babolat pro hurrricane tour by far

Really? I'm anxious to try this string out. Tomorrow I'm dropping my racket off to be strung with PHT 17. I hope to find the same results. My shots have always been flat, until recently.

SteveI
10-01-2006, 02:57 PM
The 2 biggest spin producers I've seen are Isospeed Pyramid and Signum Poly Pro Spin. Both are extruded in a triangular shape, so at the string intersections, the flat edges are against one another, leaving the sharp edge up to make contact with the ball. All the HS guys who have tried it have raved about the spin.

Hi,

Everything being equal these strings will produce great topspin. If you are someone that can't create topspin these string are worthless and you should spend a few bucks on a few good lessons.

Regards,
Steve

zhan
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
look for it LOL
ouch thats extremely unhelpful

jackson vile
10-01-2006, 03:29 PM
ouch thats extremely unhelpful

Look at the damn website smart @$$ TW sells it, open your eyes and use your brain instead of having people lead you by your baby hand LOL:mrgreen:

Alafter
10-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Oh oh oh ohoooh me me me I have my 2 cents to contribute!

Remember spagetti stringing? The reason why it spins is cuz the mains stretches a lot and then spring back to position and impart spin right?

Well, what if we all get a nice strong poly and string at a high tension on mains, and then we put something softer with ultra strong and slippery coating on crosses at much much lower tension?

jackson vile
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
Oh oh oh ohoooh me me me I have my 2 cents to contribute!

Remember spagetti stringing? The reason why it spins is cuz the mains stretches a lot and then spring back to position and impart spin right?

Well, what if we all get a nice strong poly and string at a high tension on mains, and then we put something softer with ultra strong and slippery coating on crosses at much much lower tension?

you have this back wards, but You idea would be worth a try as well.

Gus
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
I string my kid's npro open with wilson enduro pro 18 mains and forten sweet 16 X's @ 50lbs. Feels pretty good and everything stays in. Strings don't seem to move even at that relatively low tension. Nice, cheap setup that produces good results. I still prefer my gut, but I'm old, not a heavy topspinner, and I don't break strings.

Roy
10-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Got to be Timo 18

Valjean
10-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I string my kid's npro open with wilson enduro pro 18 mains and forten sweet 16 X's @ 50lbs. Feels pretty good and everything stays in. Strings don't seem to move even at that relatively low tension. Nice, cheap setup that produces good results. I still prefer my gut, but I'm old, not a heavy topspinner, and I don't break strings.
Aren't you aware of what poly eventually does to an arm--young, old and in-between? You're taking the risk, aren't you?

racingdad23
10-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Gamma Ruff does pretty well. Toa's Twister, though, is the best of the non-poly textured lot.

The amount of bite that Toa Twister puts on the ball is sick. Maybe even to much, especially in a open pattern racquet. But....its a total pain to string. Bought a dozen sets of it several months back. Still have 9 sets I'd trade off for about "anything".

ravemaster806
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
pro supex poly power soft 19g

Gus
10-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Aren't you aware of what poly eventually does to an arm--young, old and in-between? You're taking the risk, aren't you?

Yes, I agree it's a risk and I will monitor closely. She had been playing with a Bab tonic 15 main, Duraflex 16x for some time. I think that's a safe and great playing hybrid but she wanted less power and more spin. Tried the Enduro pro/ forten sweet gut at low tension and she liked it immediately.

fastdunn
10-04-2006, 01:48 PM

What if I use these as crosses for hybriding with multi's or guts ?

Would they saw the mains ?

Thanks,
FD

Valjean
10-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, I agree it's a risk and I will monitor closely. She had been playing with a Bab tonic 15 main, Duraflex 16x for some time. I think that's a safe and great playing hybrid but she wanted less power and more spin. Tried the Enduro pro/ forten sweet gut at low tension and she liked it immediately.
But there are some multifilaments that should fill that bill too--Klip Excellerator and Laserfibre's Laser Supreme, Babolat's Syntronic Brio, and Wilson's Reaction, in that order... You don't need to hybrid to get what you want.

Sebastien
10-04-2006, 02:25 PM
pro supex poly power soft 19g

Pro Supex Blue Gear by far from anything mentioned above (even Gamma TNT2 Ruff)

phat
10-05-2006, 07:35 AM
I second on TIMO 18.

RafaelRoddick54
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Forten ARamid gear is the best string of all time for spin. My tennis coach recommended it for me. It is kevlar, but it has little notches in the ball, so it gives so much spin if you barely even try.

Lleytian3
10-06-2006, 05:20 PM
im new to strings, what brands are

pro supex blue gear as mentioned by "Sebastien"

TOA twister mentioned by "Valjean"

also can i find these on TW?
thanks

diredesire
10-07-2006, 12:23 AM
im new to strings, what brands are

pro supex blue gear as mentioned by "Sebastien"

TOA twister mentioned by "Valjean"

also can i find these on TW?
thanks

Pro Supex Blue Gear is made by Pro Supex, TOA twister is made by TOA, neither, as far as i know, are available on TW.

Lleytian3
10-07-2006, 08:20 AM
do you know where i could find them online?

Sebastien
10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
do you know where i could find them online?

Pro Supex Blue Gear hasn't been released yet (but I have tested it), that's why almost nonody knows about it. Wait until end of Oct. (Oct 15th I think) you can do a search on google to find the distributor.

splink779
10-07-2006, 09:12 AM
You know what has the most spin - what the Pro's use - Luxilon. Do you really think the pros would not use the most beneficial strings?

And while I respect the opinions, I have to say in my experience Hurricane is junk, even the new tour kind. I had to cut it out of my racquet. The shape must be at a microscopic level because to the naked eye its is still a smooth spherical shape that gives you no feel, no power, and no spin. Babolat Duralast (Nadal's string, the stuff you cant get in the US) is one of my favorites and has great spin potential, far more than Hurricane. But Luxilon ALU Rough is what I use and it has more spin than anything I have tried by far.

Steve Huff
10-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Fastdunn, they probably would cut through the mains of gut or any soft string. I got a "paper cut" the 1st time I strung the Sig Poly Pro Spin when I pulled it through my hand too fast.

Lleytian3
10-08-2006, 01:16 PM
does anyone know where i can get TOA twiseter online

Chicken Neck
10-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Topspin Cyber Flash is the best spin string, in fact it's the best string period that I have ever used(SPPP is a close second). P.S. the Cyber Flash is a really great deal too.

racingdad23
10-08-2006, 04:33 PM
does anyone know where i can get TOA twiseter online

I have several sets. You have mail.

10sstringman
10-08-2006, 04:48 PM
You know what has the most spin - what the Pro's use - Luxilon. Do you really think the pros would not use the most beneficial strings?

Terrible post. Pros don't use Luxilon because it produces more spin than any other string. LOL

splink779
10-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Terrible post. Pros don't use Luxilon because it produces more spin than any other string. LOL

Then why don't they use the the string with the most string, whatever you think it is?

10sstringman
10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
Then why don't they use the the string with the most string, whatever you think it is?
Durability, feel, power, spin, sponsorship, etc. Everyone knows that 19g string provides more spin than 16g, so why doesn't every pro use 19g string? Pros know how to hit the ball. Spin string is for club players with poor strokes.

Sebastien
10-09-2006, 01:48 AM

And while I respect the opinions, I have to say in my experience Hurricane is junk, even the new tour kind. I had to cut it out of my racquet. The shape must be at a microscopic level because to the naked eye its is still a smooth spherical shape that gives you no feel, no power, and no spin. Babolat Duralast (Nadal's string, the stuff you cant get in the US) is one of my favorites and has great spin potential, far more than Hurricane. But Luxilon ALU Rough is what I use and it has more spin than anything I have tried by far.

Pros dont especially use luxilon for spin but mostly for durability, power and control (just a nice blend), and also tension maintenance.
When it comes to spin Luxilon are not the best (my opinion), even the ALU Rugh!
I agree with you for the Huricane Tour.
Blue Grear hasn't been released yet, so only few testers have experience it. It has incredible spin and I have played with (I beleive) all strings that have been mention in this thread.

FlyingBoat
11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Sebestion, have you compared the Blue Gear to Fusion 19, or to other Aramid hybrids?

I have only tried the Fusion so far and it gives good spin. I am also going to try some other Aramid hybrids as well as a Spinfire poly hybrid. Just wondering how you think the Blue Gear compares.

Also, have you bought a reel of the Blue Gear yet? and care to send a couple of sets or split a reel if you think it is worth it. Its about 1/2 price in a reel, but not bad shipping for a single set, so I might just buy a set to try it out.

Email me back if you like.

Rafa's best friend
11-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Babolat pro Hurr tour is the best string ever created for spin

nhstennis
11-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Babolat pro Hurr tour is the best string ever created for spin
What tension do you reccomend on a head fxp radical
Is it better as a hybrib or by itself i have gosen for the crosses.

Rafa's best friend
11-14-2006, 01:19 PM
62 lbs, i say string the hybrid at 62/60 lbs combination..

Ripper
11-14-2006, 01:20 PM
The amount of bite that Toa Twister puts on the ball is sick. Maybe even to much, especially in a open pattern racquet. But....its a total pain to string. Bought a dozen sets of it several months back. Still have 9 sets I'd trade off for about "anything".

E-mail me. Use the link on my username. You have your e-mail feature turned off.

nhstennis
11-15-2006, 01:05 PM
62 lbs, i say string the hybrid at 62/60 lbs combination..

62 seems very tight for a poly is pht a very soft poly?

s_andrean
11-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Babolat 5 star. Insane spin.