PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about Fischer Pro One

Dunlopkid
09-30-2006, 11:31 AM
I hit today with the Fischer Pro One. Only problem is that I can't remeber like which one it was. I'm not familiar with the Fischer lineup. I'm not sure if it's the one on TW. I think the one I hit with was more red than the one on TW. If anyone could identify it for me, I'd be pleased.

Wow, loved this stick. (On a side note I played a bit with the Prince Hybrid Tour. At first I thought I like it, but the more I played, the more I dislike this frame. It didn't seem to be very stable and the plow-through, which I like a lot of, was non-existent.) On the other hand, the lighter Fischer, seemed to have more plow-through. Go figure. Anyways, great feel...had never played with an Fischer before. Is this great feel distinct to Fischers? Great mix of power, control, spin etc...Also, is the Fischer grip shape most like Head? I used to play with the LM Rad. Hated the grip shape, and was trying to remember if the Fischer's grip shape felt like it. Can the grip be changed?

Well sorry for the rambling post, but if anybody could answer some of these questions that'd be great.:)

Dunlopkid
09-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Anybody have any ideas what racket this is? Is it still available anywhere etc?

justin_miami
09-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Not much to go on here, but might have been the old (pre-M Speed) black/red Pro #1. As for grip shape, I believe the Fischer grip is on the other end of the "grip-shape spectrum" from Head (Fischer is more square, Head more rectagular). Yes, that feel is the unique "Fischer" feel. I am a Fischer convert and don't expect to play with anything else for the foreseeable future. The M Speed #1 replaced this stick - you can still find on the boards and other sites if you search hard enough.

Keifers
09-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah, played with my M Speed 105 today - that Fischer feel is... delicious.

Dunlopkid
10-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Ok, guys, I think it's the one that Kafelnikov used. (Or at least pj, don't know.) Is it similar to the M-Speed?

justin_miami
10-01-2006, 06:02 AM
That's the pre-MSpeed Pro #1 (assuming solid red band on racquet head - FT version has a jagged red band). Different enough from the MSpeed that I wouldn't get one based on hitting with the other. The black/red Pro #1 (which is the racquet I use) is a little more HL (9 vs. 7) and has a lower SW (if I recall, about 310 vs. 323). Some of this I think is due to the introduction of the magnets in the head of the racquet.

DrewRafter8
10-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I think that all Fischer racquets do share one thing. I've played with the pre-MSpeed and the MSpeed 98 #1's, and the Pro Tour FT. I love to hit one handed slice backhands with all of these sticks. The #1's especially seem to really bite the ball. I'm enjoying the MSpeed right now and hitting winners with this shot.

Keifers
10-01-2006, 09:24 AM
I think that all Fischer racquets do share one thing. I've played with the pre-MSpeed and the MSpeed 98 #1's, and the Pro Tour FT. I love to hit one handed slice backhands with all of these sticks. The #1's especially seem to really bite the ball. I'm enjoying the MSpeed right now and hitting winners with this shot.
I like this description, Drew.

My M 105 really does seem to bite the ball better than other racquets -- and with comfort and excellent feel. Like I said, delicious !