PDA

View Full Version : Racket ideas for Head?

jackson vile
09-30-2006, 12:24 PM
I really enjoy the LMIXL and I really enjoy aspects of the PC600.

But what if they made the IXL out of pure graphite with flat constiant beam in a 95 and 90 sqin head? Same string pattern ect just smaller head and more solid material?

I would like to purchase this racket.

Or if we could get some prestiges with a IXL string pattern

anirut
09-30-2006, 07:08 PM
IMO, it may be difficult for Head or the big brands to go back to 100% graphite because they've position themselves as "racket-technology leaders".

I think PK knew their competitors' positioning and came out with 100% graphite (Redondo) before the big brands to gain the market share.

This move by PK also strengthened their position as the "niche" brand for players who know what they want, for players who want to "play tennis", having little interest in "court fashion".

My opinions only, please.

LowProfile
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Head is just going to come out with more and more outrageous technology ideas.

Polaris
09-30-2006, 09:12 PM
This move by PK also strengthened their position as the "niche" brand for players who know what they want, for players who want to "play tennis", having little interest in "court fashion".

That made my head swell a little bit, Anirut. I should check if my cap fits :D.

BaseLineBash
09-30-2006, 09:59 PM
I think it would be very cool if racquets were built with a tensioner inside so you could tighten or loosen your strings. It would be great for recreational and maybe even pro players.

galain
09-30-2006, 10:43 PM
How about this for Head...

Stop messing about with all this supposed technology crap, treat your potential customers as though they have some semblance of intelligence and stop discontinuing good frames just because the calendar changes.

Oh - and change your grip shape back to what it used to be!

Deuce
10-01-2006, 12:42 AM
I think it would be very cool if racquets were built with a tensioner inside so you could tighten or loosen your strings. It would be great for recreational and maybe even pro players.

That's already been done - The Bergelin Longstring (by MacGregor). It needed about a mile of string (look at all the string on the perimeter of the frame). There is a screw/knob to adjust the tension in the butt cap.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2v19c8p.jpg

By the way - Lennart Bergelin was a Swedish tennis player who also coached Bjorn Borg.

Polaris
10-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Interesting find, Deuce. Was the Bergelin Longstring used on the pro tour? If so, by whom? Also, is it the precursor of the Power Angle racquets, or was that an independent development?

BaseLineBash
10-01-2006, 12:59 AM
That's already been done - The Bergelin Longstring (by MacGregor). It needed about a mile of string (look at all the string on the perimeter of the frame). There is a screw/knob to adjust the tension in the butt cap.

http://i9.tinypic.com/2v19c8p.jpg

By the way - Lennart Bergelin was a Swedish tennis player who also coached Bjorn Borg.

Wicked find Deuce. I think it would be cool for a company to try it again, even if you just have enough string left to tighten or loosen for a max 7 extended days upon losing lbs. I would sure beat having one racquet strung weekly or having a load of racquets sitting in a bag losing tension.

anirut
10-01-2006, 04:35 AM
Deuce, thanks for the knowledge.

vsbabolat
10-01-2006, 11:36 AM
How about this for Head...

Stop messing about with all this supposed technology crap, treat your potential customers as though they have some semblance of intelligence and stop discontinuing good frames just because the calendar changes.

Oh - and change your grip shape back to what it used to be!

galain, that is brilliantly said.
I would like to add if any idiots from Kennelbach are reading this: Bring back the Pro Tour 630 and Prestige Pro 600 to the consumer and make them in Austria. You are manufacturing 50,000 racquets a year in Austria for free for the tour. Why not still make limited edition racquets in Austria for customers that are willing to pay for them.