PDA

View Full Version : Poly/Poly Hybrid

ryohazuki222
09-30-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm just wondering if I was missing something obvious...

I read a lot about hybrids.... and I like trying different hybrids out. Today I was looking at my strings and just realized that I don't think I've ever read anything about anyone hybriding a poly on the mains with a different poly on the crosses.

So is there something I'm missing? I don't see how it's a bad idea... it would open a whole lot more options to those who like to try new hybrids (as long as they have the arm for it...)

One example I was thinking of was something like lux alu rough on the mains and cyber flash on the crosses... I know ppl who use full jobs of both... so I don't think it'd bother their arms much if they hybrid it...

Discuss!!! (lol.... i remember a thread that ended every post with "discuss")

MTChong
09-30-2006, 07:24 PM
It's pointless; most playability and atributes come from the mains - what's the point of having a poly such as Luxilon in the mains and another such as Cyberflash in the crosses? It won't soften the stringbed up by a large margin to allow people with arm problems to use it; it won't really tame the power much at all because they're both polyesters; the spin will be nearly the same assuming gauges are equal. Instead of asking why not do it; ask why do it.

Ryoma Kun
10-01-2006, 04:08 PM
i used alu rough mains and ti-mo 18 before and it was awesome, ubt now since having switched back to my ps 85's from the lm prestige i am using multi's now(nrg2)

Ripper
10-02-2006, 06:26 AM
It's pointless...

No, it isn't. You can do some nice color combinations; that's a good reason :cool:

Nuke
10-02-2006, 06:42 AM
That's important.

MTChong
10-02-2006, 07:19 PM
No, it isn't. You can do some nice color combinations; that's a good reason :cool:

I stand corrected; it serves aesthetic purposes, but other than that - hardly of any use.