PDA

View Full Version : Is a Wilson Prostaff Rok worth Buying?

La Bomba
10-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Is it worth buying, the specs make it look like a very intruiging racquet. How would this racquet compare to say a LM Prestige Mid or I.Prestige Mid. Does it have more or less power than the lm or i.prestige, does it serve better, is it more solid? more spin? etc etc. If anyone could compare it to one of these racquets or compare it to ncode 95 or ps original 95 that would be great. Thanks

chess9
10-01-2006, 04:05 AM
I played with the LM Prestige for two weeks. The racquet is a tremendous weapon but I could not adjust to the Head grip shape. It's the worst, IMHO. (I've played Wilson most of my life.) I love my ROKs but I don't think they are quite as good as the LM Prestige or the Yonex RDS001 in terms of feel. The ROKs are great serving sticks and the control is very good, but the feel is not quite as buttery as the others.

-Robert

La Bomba
10-01-2006, 04:41 AM
Oh Ok, do you think you get more spin and more control with the Rok than the lm prestige? And is the Rok more manueverable than the Prestige. Thanks again.

chess9
10-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Oh Ok, do you think you get more spin and more control with the Rok than the lm prestige? And is the Rok more manueverable than the Prestige. Thanks again.

I'd say the ROK, unleaded, will probably more easily generate spin because it has a lower static weight and swingweight as I recall. Control is probably similar because of the string pattern. The LMP volleys better in native configuration. I serve better with my leaded up ROKs though. (but they are customized)

-Robert