PDA

View Full Version : Cheap pure drive?

weed
10-01-2006, 07:44 AM
I want something as similar to a pure drive plus (with cortex) as possible. So theres the prince shark, liquidmetal instinct xl, and triple threat hornet(at my local sports authority) for good prices. I can add weight to the hornet to make it even closer to the PD. Could someone tell me which is most similar to the pure drive plus? and is there any other racquets I should consider?

Soundbyte
10-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Definitely consider any of the Wilson Surges. If you can get your hands on the older ones, you'll get them for cheap. They're almost identical to the PD. Same mold, same headsize. Alot of people even said the Surges do everything the PD does...but better

Noveson
10-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I had a thread like this earlier, ended up buying a PD off of ****. Most of the people recommended the Pro Kennex Ki 15 PSE, and the Ki 10 PSE, as frames similar to the Babolat. I have played with the surges, and they didn't feel anything like the PD. They were nice racquets, but didn't have the spin power weight or feel of the PD.

abenguyen
10-01-2006, 11:26 AM
i heard the npro open is like the pd but the cost is the same...

weed
10-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys
Are there anymore?
I thinking of getting the tt hornet because its cheap and easy to get for me.
Can anybody compare the two? (tt hornet vs pure drive) or tell me a reason why I shouldn't get it

TripleB
10-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Pro Kennex Type S