PDA

View Full Version : new racket help plz

okdude1992
10-01-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm maybe looking for a new racket. I'm 5'5 115 lbs, play 90% baseline & 10% net, but looking to come to net more... I have heavy topspin on my forehand, and a flat backhand. I generate a ton of racket speed on both esp. my forehand. Iv been using the babolat pd for 3 1/2 yrs now, and its starting to feel too springy...On off days the ball sails on me alot...However I really like the feel of the pd so Im looking for something similar, but more control oriented.. Iv been thinking about these rackets:

babolat pure control
head flexpoint prestige midplus
prince 03 hybrid tour
pro kennex ionic ki 10 PSE
technifibre tfeel 305
dunlop mfil 300g

I currently play with the pd at 72 lbs tension w/ hurricane pro...
will drop tension if I get a less powerful racket probably to about 62 lbs

please comment

btw anyone have any comments about technifibre red code string or babolat pro hurricane tour?

Noveson
10-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I would look at the PK frame. At least it will generate the same kind've spin. By the way you won't find a frame that does what the PD does better. I have heard good things about the 03 hybrid and Prestige, but you won't get the spin on your forehand you are used to. The pure control is supposed to be a really nice alternative to the PD. Good luck.

Nar57981
10-01-2006, 10:41 AM
btw anyone have any comments about technifibre red code string or babolat pro hurricane tour?
Thats what the string section is for ><
I use red code, and love it, and i've heard that Pro Hurricane Tour is good for spin.

I like the TFeel 305, it gets great spin, and still has a little power in it (not too much though). It's also really forgiving.

okdude1992
10-01-2006, 11:02 AM
thanks guys.. so i guess my best bets are the Pro Kennex, the Pure control, and the technifibre..

Jonny S&V
10-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Dunlop M-fil 200 or Prince TT Warrior MP.
Now anirut has to come and suggest the PK Redondo.

Tennis Man
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
IMHO, you are ready for Prestige. Why not playtest it?

Noveson
10-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Rafaello preaches Prestige^ lol. I can't say it is not a good racquet though:)

okdude1992
10-01-2006, 07:48 PM
ok so iv narrowed my search to the PK, the babolat Pd, the technifibre and maybe the prestige.. any other ideas?

Noveson
10-01-2006, 07:52 PM
Lol you search has reverse narrowed? If that makes sense. Anyway the APC has even less power than the PC, and would give you more spin. Prestiges are great racquets, I just don't think you would like them as the kick factor would be gone. You have to have insane racquet head spin to get any small amount of kick out of that racquet. The Radical would be closer to your liking at least, and the Instinct is supposed to be a good baseline racquet.

anirut
10-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Dunlop M-fil 200 or Prince TT Warrior MP.
Now anirut has to come and suggest the PK Redondo.

Nope, I have no knowledge about modern styles of play, esp for those who find the PD to compliment their game well.

So I'm not going to preach and am keeping my mouth shut for now ... hehe :mrgreen:

But if the OP likes to try the Redondo, go ahead, it's a good stick.

Noveson
10-01-2006, 08:19 PM
I have no issues with the Redondo(have only played against one guy who wielded one and he was very good), but did you have to put the shot towards the PD in there?

anirut
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I have no issues with the Redondo(have only played against one guy who wielded one and he was very good), but did you have to put the shot towards the PD in there?

Don't get me wrong, here, mate.

I meant to say I'm not able to suggest rackets to players with playing styles that I have no experience of. And I DID NOT say in anyway that the PD is not good. (I borrowed one guy's stick and tried it too).

Actually, I & Jonny S&V were having fun about preaching our rackets, kind of like trying to see who's going to score more. ;)

Noveson
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Don't get me wrong, here, mate.

I meant to say I'm not able to suggest rackets to players with playing styles that I have no experience of. And I DID NOT say in anyway that the PD is not good. (I borrowed one guy's stick and tried it too).

Actually, I & Jonny S&V were having fun about preaching our rackets, kind of like trying to see who's going to score more. ;)

Just wanted to make sure. There are a lot of people out there that think because it is so powerful, and they can't keep it in the court, that it is for newbs:)

Do they have demos for the Redondo on TW? It would be a pretty fun experience to try one of those I think.

anirut
10-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Just wanted to make sure. There are a lot of people out there that think because it is so powerful, and they can't keep it in the court, that it is for newbs:)

Do they have demos for the Redondo on TW? It would be a pretty fun experience to try one of those I think.

No probs!

Yes, TW does carry demo Redondos. But it seems the demo waiting list is about a mile and a half long, as many have said here.