PDA

View Full Version : wilson extreme spin 15L

qwerty66
10-01-2006, 01:57 PM
my local sporting good store has it for $14.99 (candian)
has anyone tried this string before?

qwerty66
10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
:confused: no one tried this string before?

Robbie_1988
10-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Nope. Looks like nobody on these boards use it.

louis netman
10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I remember the thin 17g stuff feeling like crap. The 15 must be the most God- awful thing out there. For syn gut, look to Gosen...that's their biz...

qwerty66
10-11-2006, 10:38 PM
kk good advice thx alot:mrgreen:

Match-Point
10-12-2006, 04:37 AM
This is a discontinued Wilson string for very good reason. . . imho it was below average in all categories.

If you can get the string for under $3 US then but it. Otherwise you would be better off purchasing PSG w/Dur for $3.50. Around $17-$20 strung around here.

Ripper
10-12-2006, 05:31 AM
:confused: no one tried this string before?

Are you surprised? I think most people on this forum are faithful to TW... and I'll include myself in that group (unless I REALLY want something that I can't get here). Furthermore, I'm sure TW carries out a great effort to always maintain a nice selection of all the popular strings. However, the truth is that there are, maybe, hundreds of strings out there, many of them excellent, I'm sure, that we may, even, not know about.

qwerty66
10-12-2006, 08:35 AM
well i need thick strings becuase i break syn-gut strings every like 4 days
i use hurricanes 17 and it helped abit with the string breaking to every week

A.T.S.
06-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I've use this string for a month now and it is a very good string for heavy topspin hitters because of it's high durability and textured surface. The reason it probably feels like crap is because it is strung too tight. Many people feel(people=friends) that because it is textured meens they can String it tighter and they'll still get spin. That however is not true. This string should be at a mid range tension so that the ball stays on the strings longer thus letting the texture bite deeper into the ball. This string has the spin potential aand playability 17 gauge string. It's sucks that they discontinued the string but seeing that I play more than 4 at times a week at a 3.5 level and it has lasted me five months, and even now the strings look new and aren't sawing themselves because of my use of canola oil on the mains before I weaved the cross string this string will last me atleast the rest of the tennis season(which is may 3 months left) in Canada. $10.99 at my local sport store.