PDA

View Full Version : DNX8 users, let me know your opinion!!!

HappyLefty
10-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Hi DNX8 users,

I`ve been playing for 2 years with a Ki10 (see signature) with good success.
I`m curious about trying a DNX8. During my searchig process I found a playtest for these two racquets at:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/NETMAN02.html
Well, its only one opinion. I would like to "hear" a bit more and I think it`s the best place for that.
I can`t demo, so my decision will be based on your experience.

The following are some cues about me:
41 yrs old. Lefty and agressive topspin baseliner.
Net rusher only If I have the oportunity.
Long and fast swing.
looking for some arm-friendly racquet because some minor issues in my elbow.

I really appreciate your feedback!!

Noveson
10-01-2006, 02:43 PM
This is a kind've weird coincedence.

I'm 15 years old, lefty handed and hit lots of topspin. Come to the net sometimes on ad side with a slice/kick serve.

Anyway I was recently looking for a new racquet with a lot of spin and some power. I demoed the DNX 8, 03 Hybrid Hornet, and the Babolat PD and APD. Someone also reccommended me the Ki 10 PSE.

I did not like the DNX 8 very much at all, but my friend really liked it. I felt like there was no feel, it just kind've felt "eh" which is the best way I can explain it. It was exceptional in any area really, although the spin production was pretty good. Mostly just what turned me off was the feel, but you might like how it feels.

I would usually reccommend the PD, but you want arm friendly racquets. I don't have any problems with it(cortex version) but a lot of other people have. Could try the APD, at least it is not as stiff.

The hybrid hornet is a sleeper, in my opinion. It had a crisp feel and generated a huge amount of topspin. My only regret is that it was lighter than the other racquets. Hope this helps, don't base your desicion on just my post.

HappyLefty
10-01-2006, 03:46 PM
This is a kind've weird coincedence.
I would usually reccommend the PD, but you want arm friendly racquets. Could try the APD, at least it is not as stiff.

Before using ki10 I was a PD user. Great stick but I changed to Ki10 because my elbow.
Thanks anyway for your reply, lefty. ;)

Noveson
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Yea I tried. It would really be best if you could demo, but you could get the hybrid hornet pretty cheap and then lead it up to your liking.

bagung
10-01-2006, 05:21 PM
i own dnx8, it is a really nice racquet, i can do almost anything with it, the only problems is , it is a liitle bit too stiff for my TE... i am trying to change to soft multi such as klip venom to soften it up, and planning to put some lead on the throat to make it heavier and to prvent TE....

HappyLefty
10-01-2006, 05:51 PM
the only problems is , it is a liitle bit too stiff for my TE... i am trying to change to soft multi
What string an tension are you using right now with your DNX8?

bagung
10-01-2006, 06:16 PM
What string an tension are you using right now with your DNX8?
i am using klip legend at main at 55lbs and klip excellerator in cross at 57 lbs. would like to put venom at 53lbs...... now using dnx9, much friendly racquet, but doesn't have the "right" feel of dnx8........

HappyLefty
10-02-2006, 06:57 AM
More opinions, please!
As state at the begining, this site is my only source to acquire this racquet.
Any other substitute for my Ki10?
Thanks folks.

aidenous
10-03-2006, 06:14 AM
The DNX 8 is an excellent all court racquet. With this head light racquet it's easy to generate more racquet-head speed at the baseline. Easy to maneuver at the net. Has surprising amout of power and with your topspin you should be able to do very well with this racquet. The sweet spot seems large but a little stiff in the upper top. Even mishits at the top of the frame seem to have enought juice to return the ball (the DNX material seems to help for this reason and prevents the twisting when you mishit). Because of it's light weight you can add a little lead at 3 & 9. Because of it's stiffness I would stay away from poly's.

netman
10-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Glad my playtest was helpful. You might want to check out the Pk 5g or Ki 5 if you like the PK Kinetic tech. They are well suited to a long, fast swing and to be honest are just as powerful as the Ki 10. They are both wonderful all court frames and very easy on the elbow and shoulder. Personally I think they are better frames than the 10 series and can be easily customized for weight and balance.

The DNX 8 is a very nice frame, but it is a stiff racquet. Volkl has really done a good job of making it very comfortable, but if you prefer flex in your frame it may disappoint.

Are there specific weight, flex and balance parameters you are trying to meet?

-k-

gd!
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi,
here are my 2 Cent...bought the DNX 8 x-t during last winter and felt immediately in love with Serves and Overheads, due to extra length I struggled finding consistency on my forehand...the final reason to sell it was it was too stiff. Don't get me wrong, I didn't felt TE issues or so, but the racquet doesn't offered the amount of touch I'd like to have and appreciated on the T9Ve!

Recently I switched to the O3 White and all I can say is, to me it's a much better frame fitting my game sooo goood... :D

gd!

HappyLefty
10-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Recently I switched to the O3 White and all I can say is, to me it's a much better frame fitting my game sooo goood... :D
gd!

for a better understanding, tell me a little about your game.

HappyLefty
10-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Well well,
Most of your opinions is that DNX8 is a stiff racquet. Maybe doesnt worth a try and I should to continue with my Ki10. Not sure.
Or, does exist a good racquet that fit better my game style?

Head light, topspin friendly, stable and arm friendly
Am I asking too much?

bagung
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
try the dnx-9.... it is more flexible than dnx8, doesn't hurt my TE, easier to spin than t9ve......

gd!
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
for a better understanding, tell me a little about your game.

Sure, I play allcourt, forehands with topspin, slice or drive shot...as required...slice backhand, flat and slice serves, according to others I own a nice hand for touch shots, stops, lobs, short angles without pace...

HappyLefty
10-04-2006, 12:11 PM
try the dnx-9.... it is more flexible than dnx8, doesn't hurt my TE, easier to spin than t9ve......

specs indicate: All in all, this one is well worth a demo for players at the 4.0 to pro level
Not sure if this DNX9 fits my game style because Im not a pro. My self assesment is 3.5 as much.:(

texcoug
10-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Took the DNX 8 out today for three sets of doubles. It was what I expected -- more crisp than my Cat 8s. Also, noticeable difference on service -- you can blast away with great placement. I am a little concerned about the stiffness for my elbow, but we'll see.

Noveson
10-04-2006, 05:04 PM
The TW nrtp ratings are worthless....It says the PD is for 4.0 and above:)

atpbook
10-05-2006, 05:01 AM
Had DNX8 for three moths, end up selling it because it requires a different playing style to my regular ncode tour 90.

power: lots of power. if i dont put lots of top spin on it. it will fly off to the fense. so i re-strung it with kirchbaum spiky on main and rip control on cross both at 65 lb to tame its power. it felt good afterward. lots of spin, and easy pace to hit heavy balls. returning heavy serves was very easy.

control: not as much pinpoint control as ncode tour 90. topspins with easy pace gives fast directional control. slice tend to sit up if not careful.

overall, i would try it again if i will play on clay courts.