PDA

View Full Version : pure drive cortex vs. pure drive roddick

Gimpy
10-01-2006, 09:48 PM
title says it all someone needs to playtest these 2 and give the results.

has anyone played with both and what are your thoughts

kchau
10-01-2006, 10:33 PM
i use the roddick, and tried the pure drive cortex the day the shop i work for got it, roddick seems to have a more noticeable plow through effect, much more stable over all, they both just feel the same.

pick the one you feel more comfortable with. roddick is heavier.

The Pusher Terminator
10-02-2006, 09:15 AM
I actually play with the PD Plus with cortex. I did not even give the Roddick a chance. The reason is that the PD plus is about as heavy as I can deal with. Remebr its 27 1/2 inches...makeing it heavier will also make it less manueverable. besides why tamper with perfection,....lol

Ripper
10-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Thought they were the same.

Supralative
10-02-2006, 03:40 PM
i played with pure drive + cortex and then the pure drive roddick cortex
like the roddick better
the regular didnt give me good feedback...couldnt tell when i made good contact
roddick let me know and you can feel it
so i just picked one up...now i just need one or two more of them hehehe in
4 1/2 grips

nalex
10-06-2006, 08:21 PM
i played with both as well. The roddick is very stable but a bit too heavy for me and I couldn't ever get used to it. the cortex plays not as stable but i can manage because it weighs much less. Honestly, it doesn't really feel too different from my old pure drives. just put a vibe dampener on them and there you have it.

anyways, yeah if you can handle the extra weight, go for the roddick version, otherwise, get the other one. either way it's a solid choice. just really depends on how much weight you can handle

The Pusher Terminator
10-06-2006, 08:25 PM
double post

nalex
10-06-2006, 08:28 PM
lol i thought it was nothing too! but it makes a huge difference mate!

i'm only 5'7" and 130lbs so i don't have much strength though.

when i was swinging with the pdr, i was always late on my strokes and serves. the one god thing was volleys though, i could stick every one of them

The Pusher Terminator
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I have been thinking about this and the definite choice is:

PD Plus with cortex

heres why: The PD Cortex weighs 11.2 ounce while the Roddick weighs 11.7.

If you get the PD Plus with cortex and add lead tape......then you have just created the Roddick. On the other hand if you get the roddick then you cannot decrease the weight.

nalex
10-06-2006, 08:42 PM
yeah that's probably the best way to go mate. customize as you see fit. personally i like standard length but that's preference.

yeah if you have the roddick version. you can't really make it lighter lol