PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour

Punisha
10-02-2006, 03:07 AM
This has to be one of the best polys ive used. Very good spin and power generation. If Bab Pro Hurricane was rated 10/10 this string would hit 15.

Has a very nice feel and while not amazing control stinging it as a main in a hybrid really harnesses the power. Also it seemed quite soft and gave no arm probs.

Pusher
10-02-2006, 03:51 AM
This has to be one of the best polys ive used. Very good spin and power generation. If Bab Pro Hurricane was rated 10/10 this string would hit 15.

Has a very nice feel and while not amazing control stinging it as a main in a hybrid really harnesses the power. Also it seemed quite soft and gave no arm probs.

It is a good string. Very little tension loss but it will go dead after a few hours.
I still like the old Pro Hurricane 18ga better but if babolat ever makes an 18ga PH tour then they would have the ideal poly.

Ripper
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
Very little tension loss but it will go dead after a few hours.

I can understand how a string can lose a little tension and become more powerful, but the only way, in my mind, that a string can go dead (lose power) is by losing a lot of tension, to the point where it's just stretched out... So, this comment is contradictory.

Pusher
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM
I can understand how a string can lose a little tension and become more powerful, but the only way, in my mind, that a string can go dead (lose power) is by losing a lot of tension, to the point where it's just stretched out... So, this comment is contradictory.

Not really.

The facts may seem to be contradictory. I just report what I see.
The PH tour loses very little tension but after a few hours of play shot depth seems to suffer. Call that what you like, I call it strings going dead.

Richie Rich
10-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Not really.

The facts may seem to be contradictory. I just report what I see.
The PH tour loses very little tension but after a few hours of play shot depth seems to suffer. Call that what you like, I call it strings going dead.

i've had the same experience too, regardless of the poly (well, except for tecnifibre pro mix which is more multi than poly). poly's just go dead after time. tension is lost but it's not as noticable as with something like NXT. they lose elasticity and the feel just goes. usually around 20 hours for me when i notice a really big difference.

Tchocky
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Did you use this string for the whole racquet or just the mains?