PDA

View Full Version : Head Made in China V. Made in Austria

kenshireen
10-02-2006, 06:13 AM
What makes you think that rackets made in china with today's quality control are inferior to rackets made in Austria.

Ken

BaseLineBash
10-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Well for one thing, the graphics have defects.

Tennis Man
10-02-2006, 08:16 AM
very good point kenshireen ... All Wilsons are made in China over the past 10 years at least and have have a pretty good graphics compared to some other frames ... Everything is made in China now. so, why worry, right?

kenshireen
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
The finish is definately better on the LM.. metallic paint vs. flat paint on the FP. Also the grip is better quality. Both play alike except the FP is softer when you hit it dead center giving you more power ONLY on dead center hits.
Hi or low and there is no difference. The frames are identical except for the slight indentation at 3 and 9. I tested both

Ken

tandayu
10-02-2006, 06:10 PM
What makes you think that rackets made in china with today's quality control are inferior to rackets made in Austria.

Ken

The best quality were the USA made, followed by the Austrian, and thereafter...

It has nothing to do with nationality or the country of origin, it is just the process and the material used as requested by HEAD itself. I am sure the China manufacturer can make better or much better racket, but it was not asked to do so.....

Most noticable differences: Paint quality, leather grip quality, product tolerance (on the spec), weight distribution, playability & stability, and so on...

From reading on this forum, many people happy with the LM and Flexpoint prestige, and HEAD will be more than happy to give more of it for $179/each...
How do I know? I collect more than 100 Head frames pre Chna made....and that how I come to the assessment.

str33t
10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I compared my lm radical that's made in china to my uncle's lm radical that's made in the czech republic. The head is quite different. mine is longer and more narrow than my uncle's.

AJK1
10-02-2006, 06:41 PM
My new FXP Tour is made in Czech Republic and it has great build quality.

inferno303
10-03-2006, 01:12 AM
i know for one that my LM prestige MP made in Austria does not have removable pallets
but newai different countries shouldn't really make such a difference if the quality control is there *cough*Wilson pj's*cough*