PDA

View Full Version : Who plays with no overgrip? Comments

MasterTS
10-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Several pros play with the syn or real leather.. I'm thinking of playing with just Duratac or a leather grip. I know seveveral pros play without overgrip such as Calleri, Henman, Hewitt, and others.. Gasquet used to play with leather but I guess it was too harsh and now he uses an overgrip over leather..

Ripper
10-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Gasquet used to play with leather but I guess it was too harsh and now he uses an overgrip over leather..

How do you know there's a leather (or synthetic) grip under his overgrip? Maybe, he wanted, even, more feel and, simply, followed my advice :cool:

Geezer Guy
10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
I don't use an overgrip. I use the Wilson Contour grip, which has a built in ridge that increases feel and traction. I usually change the grip when I have the racquet restrung.

Zets147
10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Do you change the replacement grip everytime you lose the tackiness? Must be very expensive.

thetenniskid07
10-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Several pros play with the syn or real leather.. I'm thinking of playing with just Duratac or a leather grip. I know seveveral pros play without overgrip such as Calleri, Henman, Hewitt, and others.. Gasquet used to play with leather but I guess it was too harsh and now he uses an overgrip over leather..

Hewitt uses a black overgrip.