PDA

View Full Version : When do you think Prince will lower the prices of O3 racquets?

Pancho
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
I like the O3 Tour racquets as well as the O3 White. But they are expensive, especially because I'm a hard hitter - I go through racquets very quicky.

My strings and frame crack quite quicky because I hit and serve very hard. I wonder when will Prince lower the prices of O3 racquets?

I know of senior guys playing with O3 Silver (over 60 years old) complaining that the $260 price tag on O3 Silver is way too much say compared to Dunlop racquets.

I like the O3 technology and I think Prince is doing a great job. So many pros now play with O3 tour, but I think it;s high time that they lower the prices.

Ripper
10-02-2006, 09:49 AM
My strings and frame crack quite quicky because I hit and serve very hard.

Lol, that's for all those boasters out there, claiming they snap kevlar/poly strings in less than an hour.

ollinger
10-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Price will come down when they have trouble selling them....that does not appear to be anytime very soon.

Pancho
10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Price will come down when they have trouble selling them....that does not appear to be anytime very soon.

:( Too bad. I see more and more pro players using O3. I wil be happy if it comes down to something comfortable like $110.00. If I break my O3 Tour, I doubt I woudl be a brand new one as I break the racquets so easily. Even my spare and trusty POG's frame was damaged yesterday. So I just have to by a used O3 Tour as a backup.

Beastiebob
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Prices will come down once something new and better comes out (or the competition drops their prices). Checkout some of Prince's newer Hybrids with O3 ports, those are selling for a little less than main O3 line.

thejuice
10-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Pancho, I don't understand how hitting the ball hard can break your racquet. They are made to withstand some serious pounding. Are you hitting the frame on a lot of shots? I'm not trying to be funny, just asking. Maybe you should look to buy a couple of used O3 Tours as backups. You can usually find them in great shape in the Used section of TW.

Pancho
10-02-2006, 02:27 PM
I hit the balls really hard and I volley a lot as well. Yes, sometimes the balls hit the frame when I volley. I have a history of breaking racquets and strings. Yes, I think I will have to get used O3 Tours as back-ups.

kem
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM
Hopefully its not against policy to say this, but either get TW to match prices to the tennis spot or check e--bay. Doing either you should be able to get one for $150-$160.

I didn't pay $199 for my new O3 Tour. :)

rod_b
10-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Yep, if you look hard enough you can find one for even less than what ^^^he^^^ said. I did.

p0w3r
10-02-2006, 04:53 PM
I hit the balls really hard and I volley a lot as well. Yes, sometimes the balls hit the frame when I volley. I have a history of breaking racquets and strings. Yes, I think I will have to get used O3 Tours as back-ups.
wait...if you are breaking these frames often without smashing them, why not ask prince for a replacement?

a frame should not break from normal hard hitting...if they do prince should definately allow a replacement.

Chang
10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
When they are discontinued the price will decrease dramatically.

tempura_MAKI
10-02-2006, 05:38 PM
if your cracking frames try a new stick.

superstition
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
How old are you? If you're cracking frames like that, I can't imagine what's happening with your joints. Egad.

punch
10-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I was wondering the same thing, I am looking into a o3 White for Christmas but the price is a bit hefty.

chris_d08
10-02-2006, 07:20 PM
.i actually just sent TW an email asking the same question and the guy told me that the Prince O3 Silver is right now on sale for 199.99!!!!!!!!

CliffH
10-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I saw an 03 silver on sale but the breast cancer model for much less, $129 several weeks ago and I believe that it is the same frame. I also have seen the regular 03 silver on sale for $149 all the time.

About your frames, one year of normal use is covered by prince, keep any dead frames and even with some extra hard use the reps usually for customer service will replace them for good customers.

I see the 03 tour for $129 regularly and TW regularly matches prince prices for me when I buy frames: 03white, 03tourOS, classicOS are the ones I have bought.