PDA

View Full Version : The New Agassi Limited Edition Radical... players racket??

agassifan7
10-02-2006, 10:33 AM
I currently use the FXP Radical Os. And I am pretty much due for some new rackets soon, do you view these rackets as actual players rackets or something you hang on your wall... help please

VGP
10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
If you wanna pay extra for a collectible and actually play with it (thus killing it's collectability value), go ahead.

agassifan7
10-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Extra???

ITs 180........

Cost of a normal new racket

or avg cost

BaseLineBash
10-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I currently use the FXP Radical Os. And I am pretty much due for some new rackets soon, do you view these rackets as actual players rackets or something you hang on your wall... help please
It's not just a limited edition Radical, it's THE Radical with the exception of made in china and not austria. It is indeed a "players" racquet. If you're interested in the specs and not the price, check out the new/old POG OS, it's speced close to the rad.

pchoi04
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
I agree with baselinebash. The radical is going to be a collectors item and if your looking for a racquet with almost identical specs but not the price, POG OS is probably the way to go.

Keifers
10-02-2006, 01:54 PM
BaseLineBash and pchoi04,
That surprises me -- are both racquets 100% graphite? And didn't this Radical have Twin Tube technology (which could make it feel different from the POG) ?

agassifan7
10-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I just want to make sure its a playable racket just not some cheap souvenier type item... I like the cosmestics better then the POG

kv581
10-02-2006, 03:33 PM
That surprises me -- are both racquets 100% graphite? And didn't this Radical have Twin Tube technology (which could make it feel different from the POG) ?
The original Radical (Trisys 260) did not have Twin Tube technology.

VGP
10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I meant that if you want an "original" Radical OS like Agassi's there's always e-bay, but those may be going for more than usual since Agassi's now retired (around 80-100 bucks).

Availability may be an issue...."limited" to 5000 numbered pieces. And are available in the standard gripsizes....so, if you want what you play with, you gotta pre-order.

Since I'm a collector-type person, I'd hesitate to use the limited edition. Just cause it comes pre-strung, logoed, rubber-banded, and Tournagripped. In order to make it playable to my liking, I'd have to cut out the strings and take off the Tournagrip, because I hate that stuff.

Me, if I were in the market for this frame, I'd probably end up either getting some on e-bay and getting a limited edition to keep....or buy like three limited editions, keeping one unplayed. But that's just me.

Bottom line, is that the Head Agassi Radical OS Limited Edition is an actual player's racket that can be used. For me, and probably most people, to use them, all the factory set up stuff (strings and grip) would be stripped and replaced for use.....a no-no for maintaining collectability.

BUT....there's no guarantee that this frame will be of interest to collectors in the future. Just like anything that's sold as a collector's item. Recently, look at the limited edition Jack Kramer Autograph Millenium Edition. I think that frame was limited to 1949 pieces (commemorating the year of introduction). It came unstrung with a display carboard, leather type case and nice matching box. I get the impression that those seem to have barely held their value.

BaseLineBash
10-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Well the beams would be the major difference, 19 straight vs. 21 straight, other than that almost identical. Tenniswarehouse is even carrying the 80's POG OS speced racquet now at 5pts. instead of 9pts. HL.