PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help On Buying 2 Racquets!

Snoopchicken
10-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I need 2 racquets, one that is small, very powerful, and very easy to hit accurate shots.

I also need a racquet that is very large, light, powerful, and has lots of spin.

I was thinking that for my second racquet ( the large one ) I should get either a Wilson nCode Racquet, a Prince O3 Racquet, or a Head Metallix Racquet. Which one do you think is the best for me?

andrew_b
10-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Just curious, why do you want two different rackets?

play well,
Andrew

Beastiebob
10-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Typically racquets that are smaller have less power,
and racquets that are very powerful typically have less accuracy.
The power/accuracy tradeoff mix is something every player has to deal with when selecting a good stick.

There are plenty of large racquets that are light and powerful, but spin also depends a lot on the type of string and technique you use as well.

What are you playing with now as your racquet?

Snoopchicken
10-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Well I don't have my old racquet anymore, right now I'm playing with my father's very old Prince racquet.

All I know about it is that it is oversize, but it's not powerful or accurate at all.

Well, I want one racquet to practice my serves with, the small one, because I figured the small one would be accurate and powerful so I'd be able to practice my placing of a serve and stuff like that. But I didn't know that small racquets have less power, all I knew was that they were accurate.

The other racquet would be a racquet that I use in matches. So the big racquet should be a good overall racquet for my game.

dxdgenert
10-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Very poor idea my friend. The racquet you practice with should be the racquet you use. I have heard of some people using an old wooden racquet to "perfect" their strokes but believe that is bogus. In no other sport would someone deliberately use a different piece of equipment for pratice and an entirely (in your case opposite) piece for matches. I say no go. Get two of the same racquet and practice, practice, practice.

Pusher
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
I need 2 racquets, one that is small, very powerful, and very easy to hit accurate shots.

I also need a racquet that is very large, light, powerful, and has lots of spin.

I was thinking that for my second racquet ( the large one ) I should get either a Wilson nCode Racquet, a Prince O3 Racquet, or a Head Metallix Racquet. Which one do you think is the best for me?

I know how you feel. I have often wanted to play with two different racquets but I keep dropping one on the changeover:confused: .

vinnier6
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
if your going to buy 2 new racquets then buy 2 of the same racquets...buying 2 completly different racquets is a waste of time and money...

Snoopchicken
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Alright, well I'd prefer getting a a larger racquet. What should I get? The Wilson n1 Force nCode, the Head Metallix 10, or the Prince O3 Silver Racquet?

I'm looking for lots of power and lots of spin, I'm starting to lean on the Head Metallix 10 or the Wilson n1 Force nCode, which one between those has a better feel?

Steve Huff
10-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Go all the way, man. Get a Volkl Power Arm. Besides being light, OS, powerful, etc, you'll wow the chicks with all the technology. Afterall, that's what tennis is about, isn't it? Power!!! Gimmicks!!! PowerArms!!! Big Holes!!! Rollers!!! O-ports!!! Scr_w the little white lines. They don't mean anything anyway.

thejerk
10-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Very poor idea my friend. The racquet you practice with should be the racquet you use. I have heard of some people using an old wooden racquet to "perfect" their strokes but believe that is bogus. In no other sport would someone deliberately use a different piece of equipment for pratice and an entirely (in your case opposite) piece for matches. I say no go. Get two of the same racquet and practice, practice, practice.

I agree with you in part. He should probably practice with the racket he will be playing. I disagree with the "In no other sport would someone deliberately use a different piece of equipment for pratice." All kinds of sports have practice equipment that u use for perfecting strokes. One example would be golf. Ain't you ever seen the weird practice clubs. I've also seen baseball players practicing with bats they would never use in a game.

Snoopchicken
10-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Okay, well I'm still going to buy a small one, just not a really expensive one, I'm just 'sometimes' going to use it for my serves and to bash the ball with.

I read some reviews about the Wilson, and I heard it is very powerful. I don't want my racquet to be too powerful because I don't want to bash the ball out of play. I want a racquet that has more control and lots of spin (so I could put lots of topspin on the ball) to keep the ball in play. Is that what the Head racquet has to offer?

Askmeo88
10-05-2006, 02:05 PM
It sounds like you're trying to buy a pair of racquets to start out with in match-oriented tennis. With all due respect, some of the racquets you've mentioned (n1, Metallix 10) aren't really designed for an up-and-comming player who has the ability to improve their game, but instead for people who really need help to get the ball over the net.
My suggestion is buy a pair of the same tweener (or even player's) styled racquet and practice.
Possible choices could be the Wilson nPro, Head LM Radical, or Prince Shark.

Snoopchicken
10-06-2006, 11:26 AM
How about like a junior racquet? I'm not sure if they're exactly made to hit the ball over the net, maybe it helps little kids get the ball weakly and barely over the net, but I figured if I used one I could bash the ball easily over the net and not out.