PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 95 vs. o3 Hybrid Tour

Tempyst
10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
What is everyone's opinions regarding these two racquets? Which is better? Why? Have fun ;)

BiGGieStuFF
10-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't think there has been enough people to test out both frames. I know I have actually never touched a n61 tour. Maybe i need to :)

MasterTS
10-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I've used both... used the n6.1 95 for several months last year..

Check my sig to figure out which one I like more...

BiGGieStuFF
10-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I've used both... used the n6.1 95 for several months last year..

Check my sig to figure out which one I like more...

What were some of the differences between the two?

WhiteSox05CA
10-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I noticed that you must have a very accomplished and proper skills to use the 6.1. It is a demanding racquet if you aren't an advanced player. The hybrid tour fits most players better, but the O3 Tour, in my opinion, was better than the Hybrid version.
________
Prilosec lawsuites (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

MasterTS
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM
What were some of the differences between the two?

I felt the O3HT swung easier than the 6.195 dispite having similar swing weights. I think the calculation of swing weight does not take into account the O-ports which may have an effect on less air resistence so the racquet moves through the air easier. Just a theory ;)

Also I felt easier access to spin with the O3HT and an overall cooler looking racquet!

Mick
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
where would you buy the racket cover for the n6.1 95 ? It doesn't come with the racket and TW does not sell it. Thx.

--NVM, I found where by doing a Google search.

BiGGieStuFF
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I felt the O3HT swung easier than the 6.195 dispite having similar swing weights. I think the calculation of swing weight does not take into account the O-ports which may have an effect on less air resistence so the racquet moves through the air easier. Just a theory ;)

Also I felt easier access to spin with the O3HT and an overall cooler looking racquet!

I'll give you points for cool. Man i want the racket on looks alone :) I'm so superficial. I had another session with it today with just the prince 16g duraflex in it. I'm much more consistent with this racket and I move around much better because I don't feel like I'm carrying a club around like the O3 shark. Granted the Hybrid tour is heavier but it's smaller head and thin beam make you feel like you're carrying around a sword over a heavy club. Getting it strung tonight with timo 18@56 and I'm gonna play my next match win or lose with this stick to see how it holds up in match situations.

Though the real test for me is how it plays against my cousin. We'll see how well of a defensive stick it is. With my O3 shark it enhances my defense because I'm able to block the ball back with pace while outstretched. My cousin attacks a lot so we'll see how it withstands.

gfdoto
10-02-2006, 10:35 PM
I noticed that you must have a very accomplished and proper skills to use the 6.1. It is a demanding racquet if you aren't an advanced player. The hybrid tour fits most players better, but the O3 Tour, in my opinion, was better than the Hybrid version.
What makes the 6.1 a demanding racquet? The weight? I'm demoing n6.1 95 and it seems pretty forgiving to me and I like the plow through effect.

hubijerk
10-03-2006, 12:21 AM
i demoed both the ncode 95 and teh o3 tour, there is a substancial difference in weight between the two frames immediately, the o3 is not only lighter, but to me it seems to swing much less than its 11+ ounces weight, i never found a good level of comfort with the o3 tour. the o3 was the more forgiving of the two racquets and it had quite a bit of pop, the o3 tour was the more powerful of the 2 racquets however from a control standpoint the ncode was far superior in my opinion. serving was much better with the 03 tour as i was never really able to get into a comfortable grrove with the wilson..... at the end of it all i picked up 2 ncode 95's and leaded em up, what i have now is a 13+ ounce battle axe with pinpoint control, excellent power, and terrific spin potential. im able to blast away and for its weight the racquet is quite agile at the net as well ( though honestly i dont spend too much time there)....serving is still not quite optimum as i am still struggling to find a groove serving with the racquet but the ncode delivers a heavy, heavy ball that is difficult to return with any consistency or aggressiveness...my friend and playing partner chose the o3 tour, its lighter, easier to swing, and while its not nearly the groundstroke juggernaut that my ncode is it is very stable and an excellent all around racquet, in my opinion its easier to serve consistently with the o3 and while groundstrokes dont carry the same weight and force as the ncode it is still a very capable racquet fom the baseline. i love my ncode, however i feel that the o3 tour is probably a better general choice for all around players who are looking for a solid players racquet...

BiGGieStuFF
10-03-2006, 04:32 AM
i demoed both the ncode 95 and teh o3 tour, there is a substancial difference in weight between the two frames immediately, the o3 is not only lighter, but to me it seems to swing much less than its 11+ ounces weight, i never found a good level of comfort with the o3 tour. the o3 was the more forgiving of the two racquets and it had quite a bit of pop, the o3 tour was the more powerful of the 2 racquets however from a control standpoint the ncode was far superior in my opinion. serving was much better with the 03 tour as i was never really able to get into a comfortable grrove with the wilson..... at the end of it all i picked up 2 ncode 95's and leaded em up, what i have now is a 13+ ounce battle axe with pinpoint control, excellent power, and terrific spin potential. im able to blast away and for its weight the racquet is quite agile at the net as well ( though honestly i dont spend too much time there)....serving is still not quite optimum as i am still struggling to find a groove serving with the racquet but the ncode delivers a heavy, heavy ball that is difficult to return with any consistency or aggressiveness...my friend and playing partner chose the o3 tour, its lighter, easier to swing, and while its not nearly the groundstroke juggernaut that my ncode is it is very stable and an excellent all around racquet, in my opinion its easier to serve consistently with the o3 and while groundstrokes dont carry the same weight and force as the ncode it is still a very capable racquet fom the baseline. i love my ncode, however i feel that the o3 tour is probably a better general choice for all around players who are looking for a solid players racquet...
O3 tour or O3 hybrid tour? There is a difference

hubijerk
10-03-2006, 09:06 AM
my bad, o3 tour, misread