PDA

View Full Version : Topspin Poly Polar?

Mr Korny
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone, I've been using Spinfire 18g, and its been working alright, but i do have some wrist problems almost everytime I go out. I was looking at this string, Topspin Poly Polar String 17 Gauge, and was wondering what everyone thought about it? Any opinions on power level, stiffness, etc.?

Tennis Trek
10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
It is one of the softest polys, very playable. Strings will move a little more than most polys. Durability and power are average compared to the others.

Richie Rich
10-02-2006, 09:10 PM
It is one of the softest polys, very playable. Strings will move a little more than most polys. Durability and power are average compared to the others.
pretty much agree. the 2 sets i tried lost tension pretty quickly. broke them after about 12 hours, which is rare for me - only poly i've ever broken and not cut out of a frame. price is really good though.

dewey2110
10-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey everyone, I've been using Spinfire 18g, and its been working alright, but i do have some wrist problems almost everytime I go out. I was looking at this string, Topspin Poly Polar String 17 Gauge, and was wondering what everyone thought about it? Any opinions on power level, stiffness, etc.?
I played with Spinfire 16G before on a PURE DRIVE, and had no problem w/wrist or arm...weird
If you like soft poly like Topspin poly polar, try Signum Pro Poly Plasma. It's soft, very arm friendly for your wrist, great playability and holds tension very good(about the best).

Valjean
10-03-2006, 05:14 AM
Whenever you have any wrist/arm/shoulder problems when using polyester you need to switch out of it right away, not go on to some newer version.

Ripper
10-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Whenever you have any wrist/arm/shoulder problems when using polyester you need to switch out of it right away, not go on to some newer version.

Not necesarily. I mean, it depends. Maybe, by using the phrase "wrist problem" he's not necesarily implying that his wrist is falling off.

gd!
10-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Hi,
if you want to choose a Topspin string, choose Cyber Flash 17, lots more playability and durability than Poly Polar!