PDA

View Full Version : Flexpoint Fire

abenguyen
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
is it considered a newb racquet?

Nar57981
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't say it's a newbie racquet, but it's good for getting your strikes down, and becoming a good player, after you're past the REAL noobie stage (ie can't get the ball over the net if your life depended on it).
I have a friend who switched to it from his old joiner racquet and now he's gotten a lot better for it. I wouldn't use it though, it's jsut a little too light for me ><!

abenguyen
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
yea i love the racquet. my true holy grail is the wilson nsix-two but it is out of my price range unfortunately. I know the flexpoint fire is a little light for me as well. but after about 18 grams of lead that i add to the handle, it should weight a little over 11 oz. the ideal weight for me. so it will swing with heft as well. and it will become more headlight(original is 1/2 pt hl)

Nar57981
10-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah i think it would be pretty solid with a little weight in it.

I know before the LM Fire, I went down to Van Dan Meer's in South Carolina and a couple pros were talking about how awesome the feal was of it. But they didn't have the demo there when i went there any more :(

sdslyout
10-02-2006, 08:34 PM
the series of head racquets that are called 'fire' have been around for some time.
it used to be the t.i. fire , the t.i. fire tour , just like the racquets called 'heat' .

I love my flexpoint fire , it's all that !! now i need to get used to my newer racquet a wilson ncode ntour 95, talk about a big differance .

Some people like the flexpoint fire , and some people don't .

buddythelion
10-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, I tried the lqidmtl fire but not the flxpoint fire, is there a diff. other then the flexpoint?