PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the best racquet for me!

PurePrestige
10-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Ok. My game, big big serve, flat and big kicker. Full western forehand that is also a real weapon of mine, and a two handed backhand which is not a weakness at all.

Current Racquets: 2x Liquidmetal Prestige Mid (With lead 10g@12oclock, 8g@3&9)

Problem areas: Doesn't suit me very well, I hit with ALOT of spin as well as ALOT of pace, but I can't get both out of this racquet. I can either hit penetrating flat shots or weak spin shots. Not the trade off I want.

What I would like: Racquet that gives me alot of juice on the serve, alot of spin potential for groundstrokes and kick serve. Ability to still hit deep penetrating shots with loads of spin on them. I have a violent stroke so preferably something that responds well to that.

This week I actually got a Aero Pro Drive Plus used for cheap that I am going to hit with to see if thats the right direction to be moving in.

Racquets I've been thinking about:
Prince O3 White
Prince O3 Tour(100)
Babolat (all the Drives, Aero and Pure, Standard and Plus)

I want something that I will have tons of power with but not over 100 sq in. Also something heavier as i'm used to heavy racquets and have no problem getting racquet head speed.

Big Fed
10-02-2006, 05:40 PM
PURE DRVE RODDICK PLUS would be great with the 2 hd bh and if you have a good arm.

superstition
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I have a violent stroke
You might want to get that checked.

superstition
10-02-2006, 05:44 PM
If spin is your problem, get a racquet with a more open string pattern and use a thinner gauge string. Head is known for tight string patterns.

WhiteSox05CA
10-02-2006, 05:45 PM
Test out the Pure Drive and the Pure Drive Roddick. You may also find that a plus size is better for your game.
________
Washington marijuana dispensaries (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)

snoopy
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Either the TF 335 or 320 (16 x 20) looks like it fits the bill.