PDA

View Full Version : Were Donnay Racquets Made Exclusively In Belgium From '90-'93?

World Class Forehand
10-03-2006, 01:40 AM
I have four Donnay Pro One's (2) Yellow and Blue & (2) Orange and Grey and all four say on them made in Belgium. I want to get one more only this time I want the 1993 version with the grey/purple/red color scheme. Was this version made anywhere else other than Belgium? THANKS.

thomas martinez
10-03-2006, 05:16 AM
No, they had switched their manufacturing mainly to China at that point. Was hit or miss with the regular Pro One, the Ultimate Pro with that cosmetic, I've only seen made in China, the Pro One Internationals, were Belgium, and the rest of the line were made in China. Then came the big bankruptacy, then the first ressurection, and all was shifted to China.

rod_b
10-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Just by chance, are you able to get yours Donnays strung anywhere. I cannot find a grommet for mine and the strings, I'm sure, are about to break.

World Class Forehand
10-03-2006, 11:39 PM
One set of grommets have broken the other three are all in good shape. If you want to replace them it is going to cost you $50-$60 dollars as that is how much I saw them going for on another website.

LONGWHITECROSS
10-04-2006, 01:10 AM
has ne herd of the donnay cd25 graphite? made in belgium also its about 90 sq inch 16 19 string pattern around 12oz (guesstimation) i own 1 which wen i first used playd like a dream then i decided 2 do a custom pj on it so i sanded it and took out the grommets (which were cracked) and painted the thing is i cant get ne grommets for the racquet so i cant string it i was thinking though of getting grommets from an n6.1 tour 90 and slightly modifying them to fit seen as they hav the same string pattern and headsize etc do u guys think i culd pull it off?