Nadal Withdraws From Doha And Australian Open

Discussion in 'Pro Match Results and Discussion' started by 3fees, Dec 29, 2012.

  1. 3fees

    3fees Hall of Fame

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2,039
    Location:
    NorCal
    [​IMG]

    "Rafael Nadal has been forced to withdraw from the Qatar ExxonMobil Open in Doha and the Australian Open due to a stomach virus.

    "My knee is much better and the rehabilitation process has gone well as predicted by the doctors, but this virus didn’t allow me to practise this past week and therefore I am sorry to announce that I will not play in Doha and the Australian Open, as we had initially scheduled,” said Nadal.

    “I will have to wait until the [Abierto Mexicano Telcel] Acapulco tournament to compete again although I may consider to play before [that] at another ATP World Tour event.”

    The 26-year-old Spaniard has not played competitively since 28 June, when he lost to Czech Lukas Rosol 6-7(9), 6-4, 6-4, 2-6, 6-4 in the Wimbledon second round.

    Angel Ruiz-Cotorro, Nadal’s doctor and Director of the Centro Mapfre de Medicina del Tenis, said, “Last week, Rafa Nadal suffered a viral process that provoked a gastroenteritis with high fever for four or five days.”

    http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/01/Features/Nadal-Delays-ATP-World-Tour-Return.aspx
     
    #1
  2. sdont

    sdont Legend

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    6,986
    Location:
    Paris, France
    Oh man, you're just 24 hours late...
     
    #2
  3. SwankPeRFection

    SwankPeRFection Hall of Fame

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1,509
    Nadal is doing well in his amazing imitation of Borg.

    He's pretty much done...
     
    #3
  4. Murrayfan31

    Murrayfan31 Hall of Fame

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    Messages:
    4,026
    Of course he withdrew. The silent ban hasn't ended yet.
     
    #4

Share This Page