I got a couple of Head Graphite Edge frames the other day. They appear to be fairly new - rarely - if ever - used. The problem is the grommet strip. I've read a few posts about grommet strips becoming brittle in their old age, but I'd never seen any like that. Until now. Man, these things are so brittle and dry that they literally and repeatedly shattered as I was removing them from the racquet. It all began when a couple of grommets broke off the strip as I was hitting with it for the first time. Having had previous experience with this problem, I knew I must cut the strings out right away and repair the damage. Obviously, the brittle grommet strips were history. The only option, then, available to me was the Fittex individual grommets. Now, I have used the individual grommets before - to replace a broken grommet here and there. But I'd never before put individual grommets in every damned hole. That's what I had to do, however - and it was pure hell. One problem is that the individual grommets are loose in the frame. Every time I would touch the racquet, a grommet would fall out and onto the floor. I suppose when I do the next racquet, I'll simply place the grommets one at a time as I need them for the string (looking back, I should have figured this out). Further, the grommets have flanges on them. These must be properly aligned before pulling tension. As tension is pulled, the grommets sometimes move and turn, and the flanges end up in the wrong place. As well, there was a problem with the grommets at the base of the throat (6 o'clock position). Those original grommets were also too brittle to re-use, so I had to put the individual grommets there - and they were not designed for that part of the racquet. So I had to improvise there. I also put a bunch of power pads (in the low corners, and several at the top, as I always do now after string cut through a bumper/grommet strip last year, and subsequently cut into the frame). Anyway, all this to say that it really isn't a lot of fun to string a racquet with only individual grommets. The fact that on this frame there are a bunch of shared holes certainly didn't help. Neither did the fact that I was doing an all polyester job. I think the old individual grommets would be easier - the ones that have a slight flange that is completely round. I don't think these Fittex individual grommets were designed to be used on the entire racquet - it seems they were designed simply as replacement grommets here and there.