I had a leaded up RDS001 mp lying around. It was strung with 17g Kevlar/Redcode hybrid at 53 lbs. The thing about the Yonex that made me move on was that the very open 16x19 stringbed never gave me a predictable response. Volleys were just terrible because of this. So the other day, I decided to do an experiment and string it up with my usual 17g Kevlar / 16g Tournament Poly, but at 70 lbs. But I skipped the outermost mains, and also skipped the bottom cross. This gave me a 14x18 pattern with the same density in the sweet spot as in the 16x19. I found that skipping the outer mains gives me the best of all worlds: The peripheral region provides the give and energy return, while the stiffer central part of the stringbed prevents incoming balls with heavy spin from denting the stringbed and changing the angle of plane of contact, so the launch angle is still similar to that of a stiff stringbed, even though the power level, spin, and softness are similar to that of a much softer stringbed. I am going to experiment more with this technique. I think it might be optimized if I can find an 18x20 frame (which I will convert to a 16x18 by omitting the outer strings).