On going saga between Santoro and Forget: Despite reaching the first Grand Slam quarter-final of his career, Fabrice Santoro has turned down an offer to play the first round of the Davis Cup for France next week. "I have the feeling that he's taking me for an idiot," French Davis Cup captain Guy Forget told the AFP news agency Tuesday. Forget selected Richard Gasquet, Sébastien Grosjean, Mickaël Llodra, Arnaud Clément, and as an alternate, Paul-Henri Mathieu to face Germany indoors on Rebound Ace in Halle February 10 to 12 in a World Group first round tie. Forget left out Santoro out last year because he felt that the veteran doubles specialist had a conflictual attitude toward his team-mates. Now the 35-year old has turned down an offer to return and play the doubles, opting instead to play in exhibition match in the southwestern French town of Tarbes this week instead of joining the rest of the squad for a training camp. "I'm very disappointed and saddened," said Forget. Also out of the squad is 19-year old Gaël Monfils who many expected after reaching the final in Doha earlier this month before crashing out in the first round of the Australian Open. The French know they have their work cut out: Gasquet crashed out to Tommy Haas in the first round in Melbourne Park, while Grosjean lost an ill-tempered quarter-final to Nicolas Kiefer.