@@@@@The OFFICIAL Prince EXO3 Tour 100 Club@@@@@

Discussion in 'Racquets' started by TheSafin, Sep 30, 2011.

  1. mcs1970

    mcs1970 New User

    Oct 29, 2013
    I've been lurking around for 2 years. Posting for the first time.

    I have the 18x20 version of this racquet (older model...2013..the gold and white). I'm a racquetaholic who has purchased many racquets over the past 2 years, since falling in love with Tennis after playing Racquetball for the past 15-20 years. Solinco Pro 10s, Prince Tour Diablo Mids ProStaff 85, Blade Lite...I've tried it all. Loved all of them but the ligther racquets were too light and the heavier ones were too heavy during match play. I thought the exo3 lacked power, especially since my regular partner is a 5.0 / 5.5 level player and hits some of the fastest, hardest serves/shots I've seen in rec level play, and so I kept searching for a heavier but still easy to swing racquet (the holy grail of racquets that we all try to find).

    Strung this differently with Prince Syntehtic Gut 17 Duraflex at 45lbs and now this thing is a beauty. Great power with absolutely minimal effort on my part...just a relaxed smooth swing carries the ball deep wherever I want to put it. Serves have a lot of spin and kick. Slices also go deep. I'm playing with the stock version. I understand why some might feel the need for lead, but string this low at stock weight first and try it out. You'll get power without sacrificing any of the speed which this racquet has. If this thing can stand up to my partner's shots, I'm pretty sure it will be fine against 95% of the rec players on this forum. Against the remaining 5%... if they can hit deeper, harder shots than my partner consistently in a match play ...more power to them and just shake their hands after they've creamed you in match play.
  2. speedysteve

    speedysteve Hall of Fame

    Sep 30, 2014
    UK Home counties
    I'm getting my 3rd exo3 tour.
    Decided I want 2 for nat gut mains / multi or synth crosses, 2 different tensions and one for wet practise set up in all multi.
    I've also got on the balance and weight I like most.
    Settled on 350g and 9 points headlight. Done by Blutak in the handle.
    Great to have 3 frames all the same weight and balance for consistent feel.
  3. GrandSlam45

    GrandSlam45 Rookie

    Sep 12, 2012
    Has anyone tried stringing the 16x18 with a Kevlar hybrid? What's an optimal tension? I'd like to try it but worried about the arm-killing side effects.
  4. beepee1972

    beepee1972 New User

    Jul 12, 2011
    Been a Prince fan ever since I started tennis again... having used the Prince O3 Tour Team 18x20, Speedport tour 16x18 (should have never sold those), and since a little over a year the latest Tour 100 16x18. Really love them, but not sure yet on the string setup. Sometimes a simple syngut at high tension (LxB = 27x28k), other times a soft poly at a little lower tension (LxB = 25x26k) seem nicer. Still hight tensions, even for my taste, but the O-ports take up a lot of kilo's when compared to normal grommets. The 27x28k variant still only leaves a DT of 34, which is what I prefer. Anyway, great rackets. But very interested in other user's string setup!
  5. aussie

    aussie Professional

    May 20, 2006
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Very similar to my setup. I use a full bed of Isospeed Professional 17 @ 46 in my EXO3 Tour 100 18x20. I have 2g in total at 9 & 3 and find this setup gives me enough power to go with the control, comfort and feel of the stick. Because of the dense pattern there is very little string movement and of course to a recovering TE sufferer like me, the softness of the strings and the low tension together with the 52 RA of the frame means virtually no vibration is transmitted to the elbow. Truly a remarkable racquet.

    I also string my newer Tour 100 16x18 with the same setup and it is equally as comfortable with a bit more power but a little less control. The racquet I use in those conditions when I crave a little more put away power and am prepared to sacrifice a little control and make a few more errors.

Share This Page