Discussion in 'Tennis Tips/Instruction' started by Kaptain Karl, Dec 5, 2005.
Anyone want to try to classify the top 10 men and women into these categories?
I might give it a shot later.
Personally, I am a blaster, but if my power game isn't clicking I go baseline machine, but I also throw in some spin doctor junk and can counter-punch effectively if I'm on the defensive.
So not all-court but somewhat well-rounded.
Would someone with a smaller figure be limited to certain playing styles? I just cannot see someone 5'7" blasting away with an opponent over 6'. Extra steps and arm length are also taken into consideration for court coverage.
Should us smaller guys resort to getting our PhD in Spin? Spin Doctor sounds very appealing after reading this post.
sureshs defines not only the Eighth Wonder of The World but also the Seventh Playing Style of Modern Tennis!
1. the angry pusher who believes in conspiracies
2. the fanboy that really only cares about his gear
3. the tormented nut that hits against the wall for hours mumbling to him/herself
4. the college player who did not find a job yet but will spend some free time destroying you
5. the perma-injured, always with a ready excuse
6. The people with better strokes that keep losing to inferior players.
I think those guys become #3
Why bring up Rafa in every thread?
You rang? lol
Today I learned for sure that I am a counter-puncher. I'd never thought about this before, and lately I've had a creeping suspicion that that's what I am.
Some of the blaster stuff rings true, but I'm growing out of it. Fantastic read, this thread :thumbup:
Separate names with a comma.