Discussion in 'Odds & Ends' started by Dilettante, Mar 23, 2009.
Oh, god. This was awesome.
Thanks for posting.
Informal. Origin: 1930–35
1. contraction of come on.
2. What Andrew Murray keeps saying when nothing is really worth to be celebrated.
3. What Lleyton Hewitt says when he wants to stab his own eyes or eat his fingers.
vamos - Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 :
vamoose \va*moose"\ (v[a^]*m[=oo]s"), v. i. & t. [Sp. vamos let
1. To depart quickly; to depart from. [Written also vamos, and
vamose.] [Slang, Eng. & U. S.]
[1913 Webster +PJC]
2. a small town and municipality on the island of Crete, Greece. It is located 26 km from Chania in north west Crete, and is the chief settlement of the Apokoronas area.
3. What Antonio Nadal Homar says when his dirty secret signal earns Rafael Nadal Parera a match point.
1. A form of non-verbal communication, which consists of body posture, gestures, facial expressions, and eye movements.
2. Marin Cilic doesn't have one.
That is definitely the best post I have ever seen, that made my day by far
I was searching for "pusher". Did I miss it?
Can someone please make a list of the most famous users with some descriptions?
Bumping to keep this GTOAT alive!
Bump. This is the TTW BIBLE right here!
Edition 2012 -- anyone care to contribute/update???
1. Someone who beats the player you're cheering for by playing high % tennis.
2. Any spanish/south-american pro who plays with a racquet headsize bigger than 95''.
1. Any racquet except the ones below with at least 2oz of leadtape/silicone and leather grip:
-Prince Original Graphite Mid
-Wilson ProStaff line
2. Any given racquet used by Rafael Nadal.
1. Wilson Factory in Heaven that produced PS6.0 85 racquets more valuable than unicorns.
2. Garage where Pete Sampras keeps his trustworthy Wilson racquets
1. Small rubber device which, at first, may seem insignificant. Mention it on Talk Tennis and you're in for a PhD in Physics.
2. Small rubber device intended to dampen the vibration of tennis strings. It will do everything it takes to get out of your possession. Seasoned herbivorous tennis players tend to think these grow on grass.
1. Scale used to show your TTW peers how much of a bad4ss tennis players you're making them believe you can generate more racquet headspeed than Thor himself. It's well documented over threads discussing SW that "the more the merrier!". This is, in many ways, similar to men bragging about how much HP their car engine produces.
The output on both cases is something hitting a fence.
1. Hybrid string-job between Kevlar and Luxilon Alu popularized by the user j011y.
Legend has it that he goes through one of these string-jobs under 30 minutes.
Wait, wha..? You saw Nadal getting Rosoled a good 3 years earlier than when it happened ? :shock:
This is good
You misspelled it...should be "Gilles Simon", as in the classic rock anthem from Steppenwolf: "God Damn The Gilles Simon Man"!:twisted:
- also known as Roger Federer era with 7 Wimbledons to prove
- also known as Rafael Nadal era with 8 Roland Garros to prove
- also known as Pete Sampras era with 7 Wimbledons to prove
- is when Philippoussis, Krickstein, Nalbandian, Davydenko et al had to face the stiffest competition of all time thus no slams! How could they?:wink:
I lol with the one handed backhand and two handed backhand by tennis-hero.
Grantland's dictionary of tennis is also a good read.
Good read! Thanks for the link!
Really liked "the mini" definition.:twisted:
Supernatural = 40k posts
Bionic Poster = 30k posts
then Guru of talk:smile:
You've been "Sentified"...getting trolled so subtly you thank the little green thing for his "compliment".
Separate names with a comma.